Share This Page:

Medical Discharge criteria...

Require help and assistance, please ask?
nb54

Medical Discharge criteria...

Post by nb54 »

I recently had nerve root decompression surgery on my lower back to remove a hernia and, after 3 MRIs, the doctors have found among other things: significant/chronic diskogenic degenerative disease and disproportionate intervertebral disk space narrowing in the lumber spine, diffuse mid and upper thoracic spondyloarthropathy (including vertebral body height loss) and multilevel cervical spondylosis (advanced for the chronologic age).

I am a 33 year old serving with a Reconnaissance Regt and have been advised by the civilian doctors treating me that i shouldn't run or carry weight again so as not to agravate the condition. They also said that sitting at a desk is not much better for my back either.

During my 7 year Army career i have represented both the Army and Tri-Services in sport, a significant contributing factor to my predicament now.

Bit of a long shot but does anyone have any advice on how best to proceed? Would this put me in the P7/P8 category? Would i be a candidate for a medical discharge?

Thanks