Share This Page:

Anyone in Brighton/South East?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Greenlees

Anyone in Brighton/South East?

Post by Greenlees »

Hello everyone,

I found this website while looking for the old PRMC forum which appears to have vanished for the time being.

I'm a former recruit who is looking to rejoin as a reservist, I would post in the RMR section but it's a lot quieter than this forum, and to be honest the requirements for the two are the same anyway. I did 6 months as a recruit at RMR London before leaving at the end of Phase 1 to join the regulars. I very quickly realised though that I didn't want a full-time military career, so I opted out after the initial 4 weeks of training. I now have a good job in civvie street and I'm looking to rejoin the reserves, three years wiser and far more comfortable with what I want from life.

I've been out of training for a while due to being broke and having to move around a lot, so I'm currently out of condition, particularly with my upper body strength. I've already started doing some treadmill running but what I want now is to start smashing the fitness again.

Does anyone know of any really good gyms or clubs in the South East, near Brighton? I'm not looking to pay £60 a month at one of the fancy gyms, but I'm looking for a place that knows how to dish out a beasting and can guide me back to being commando fit without having to pay through the nose for it. I'm already aware of British Military Fitness which do classes in Preston Park, but I'd like something for the evenings as well.

Cheers