Share This Page:

Saying Hi and a few questions.

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
LH20

Saying Hi and a few questions.

Post by LH20 »

Hi guys, Just wanted to say hi as well as asking a few questions.

I've always wanted to join the royal marines. I'm at uni atm but I'm dead set on joining after finishing my course (sometimes tbh i just wanna pack it in and go straight in) ha ha anyway last year i let myself go badly, I've been training again now for 8 weeks I've gone down from being 15st 13lbs to 13st 5lbs in this 8 weeks with a lot of dieting and hard exercise and cardio. I've gone from being able to run 1 mile and my calves locking up, to 6 miles in 50 mins on average. Even though i have some time to go before i actually finish uni and apply for the marines, I've decided I'm going to train like i was training for the marines from day one. The questions i want to ask are about my running. At the moment i can run 3 miles in about 25 minutes, with a 8:00 - 8:30/mile pace (not great I know but as I've said this is from just being able to manage a mile). What kind of pace are we talking to do the 3 miler there and back easily? Also as well as going on 2 6 mile jogs a week, I do a lot of running on the treadmills in the gym 4 times a week, I'm currently trying to increase my pace and cardio by upping the speeds i run at for longer at the higher speeds, i push mysef more and more every time I use them. The treadmills I use however only use KPH (I'm pretty sure most do tbh) which is slightly annoying, what speed on a treadmill roughly is a good pace for one the PJFT as well as a good goal to get my comfortable pace up too? At the moment I'm doing most of my running at 12-13.5 (on the speed section thing of the treadmill again i assume its in KPH) and i try to go at 15 for as long as i can in between as well as a few intervals at running at 18.

any help would be appreciated cheers Lewis (: