Share This Page:

Kit List for Para Recruits

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
gpw2009

Re: Kit List for Para Recruits

Post by gpw2009 »

paraprep1 wrote:
Paratrooper01 wrote: Small penknife with a blade no more than 3 inches long.
Question: i have a small knife under 3 inches, but it is a lock knife, is this acceptable to bring or should i leave it? i've heard rumours that lock knives are illegal in public, although i am not certain.
Shouldn't really say this but alot of the stuff on the kit list you can get when you arrive at depot. Our training staff did make up an awsome kit list of stuff we would need and they got it sent in from 'John Bull's (a shop in Catterick)', like bored_stupid said. We paid for it obviously, but it was all good stuff; knifes, torches, para cord, water proof bags etc. Not saying this will happen with your plt. though, but just a thought mucker! They will take any knifes off you aswell mate!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
speedy87

Post by speedy87 »

Skeav wrote:It'd also be a good idea to turn up with a decent pair of insoles for your trainers and boots to help reduce the risk of injury and followin in my footsteps
they sell these gel type innersoles in jjb sports there the shiz. and only cost about £8 a pair but get a few for each set of footwear if you cant afford them then tubey grip works to an extent

regards speedy
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

gpw2009 wrote:
paraprep1 wrote:
Paratrooper01 wrote: Small penknife with a blade no more than 3 inches long.
Question: i have a small knife under 3 inches, but it is a lock knife, is this acceptable to bring or should i leave it? i've heard rumours that lock knives are illegal in public, although i am not certain.
Shouldn't really say this but alot of the stuff on the kit list you can get when you arrive at depot. Our training staff did make up an awsome kit list of stuff we would need and they got it sent in from 'John Bull's (a shop in Catterick)', like bored_stupid said. We paid for it obviously, but it was all good stuff; knifes, torches, para cord, water proof bags etc. Not saying this will happen with your plt. though, but just a thought mucker! They will take any knifes off you aswell mate!
Yes you shouldnt say it Mate as its against the rules for Instructors to engage in ANY financial transactions with recruits
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

MSI64 wrote:its against the rules for Instructors to engage in ANY financial transactions with recruits
Know what your saying, but the staff never took any money, someone from the shop came in. So in effect, they brought the shop to us!

Probably the only nice thing they did for us..... :wink: :D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Thats ok then just didnt want people getting in the Poo