Share This Page:

How to join a foreign army

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
BigStevie

Post by BigStevie »

This is the best laugh I've read this week....thanks lads.

Mostly thanks to you Owen, who doesn't appear to have more than a 50-word English vocabulary and learnt that from the back of a sauce bottle.

For God's sake, try reading a few books on the subject or there is this thing called the 'internet'........just coming on here and putting up your primary school questions is just begging for a slagging.

It's good to be back.....
Doc

Post by Doc »

The Zobian Defence Alliance is farking mega ninja to get into, abit like Owens Mums tights, I got lost yomping around the inside of the left leg!
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Easy Shadders :wink: he`s only here on a student rail card.
Far Fark`s Sake 8)
Ow ru doin bach? Is Myfanwy dry yet? Ffrench chalk is wot ru need Shaddwel, there`s loverly innit 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Doc

Post by Doc »

I is good isnt it, dew dew. Hows yourself mate? Good oh.

Watch out Wholley will be crashing in next with post stroke dribble :lol:

Night off tonight, gonna have a curry and a shag, hope the missus doesnt find out............ she farking hates curry!
harry hackedoff

Poke Wholley, I liked him better when he was on the piss, look yew :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

harry hackedoff wrote:Poke Wholley,
In yer dreams Nackedorf.
I prefer me women less hairy.
Plus your a fat git. :P
Tab

Post by Tab »

Sign on the dotted line
jcclimber

sadf

Post by jcclimber »

owen1840 wrote:
Tartan_Terrier wrote:If you are not Jewish, Israel is out.

UK, perhaps, if you are a commonwealth citizen it will be easier for you though.

France....La Legion!

Spain used to accept Spanish speakers (mostly South Americans) to their Legion, but I'm not sure if they still do.

South Africa, perhaps, but I think you will need permanent resident status to join.

Russia......are you insane?

Actually, i am in a conversion course for Reform Judaism. Can a convert join IDF?

I am not a commonwealth citizen.

How to join french foreign legion?

I heard there is a spanish foreign legion? :o

Is there any unit in south africa army accepte foreigner? (I heard they have a unit accepte foreigner. 32 battalion?)

Why not russia? They have a strong army?
Forget South Africa. 32 Battalion got disbanded for political reasons in the early 90's. There's a reason why so many S. Africans have joined the British Army. Best bet would be French Foreign Legion.
harry hackedoff

The Foreign Legion? :o :-?

He`s not old enough to get in the British Legion
Scooby

Re: sadf

Post by Scooby »

jcclimber wrote:Forget South Africa. 32 Battalion got disbanded for political reasons in the early 90's. There's a reason why so many S. Africans have joined the British Army. Best bet would be French Foreign Legion.
Buffalo is nolonger, ear removal holidays into Namiba got cancelled.

Spanish Foreign Legion is now called the Spanish Legion, you need to be Spanish to join or have useful military experience - Army Cadets don't count.

French Foreign Legion would be a good bet if you don't mind being humiliated and beaten up once in a while, might do you good actually :)

Russians? WTF.

IDF - it's a possibility I guess but I don't think they appreciate lazy bastards who can't be arsed to do a simple bit of research do you?

British Army, well we have enough idiots to weed through.

Try the American Army, you don't even need to read and write and can learn to be a soldier in their Infantry by comic books, unless they've improved.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Scooby wrote:Try the American Army, you don't even need to read and write and can learn to be a soldier in their Infantry by comic books, unless they've improved.
Bit harsh considering the kind of operations they're undertaking, a years tour in the Sunni triangle is the norm for the US Army, I'd hardly call that comic book soldiering.
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Alfa wrote: Bit harsh considering the kind of operations they're undertaking, a years tour in the Sunni triangle is the norm for the US Army, I'd hardly call that comic book soldiering.
Maybe harsh, maybe incorrect and if so you can blame that on the American who told me several years ago.
Dangermouse

Re: How to join a foreign army

Post by Dangermouse »

owen1840 wrote:Hi, guys . My name is owen. I am an international student in University of Salford in Manchester.

Is there any armed forces recruit foreignrs?

Thanks!
Private Military Companies. Its been known for civilians to gain the required military training from PMCs without ever joining a regular armed force. Or run off to Burma and fight with the KNLA if you are desperate. or the IDF if you are Jewish.

Many smaller/nuetral countries also have conscription. It may not be a general pratice, but it could be possible to go through [the opposite to general???] channels to get into a foreign army. The US has made it easier for foreigners to join its force. In an increasingly technological world, its going to be more and more common for foreign nationals to join foreign forces that are willing to pay more for specific skills. Even joining armies via PMCs is possible. Blackwater recruits from the Phillipines, but it's employees are integrated into the US army at times. Armies are increasingly dependant on PMCs.
Doc

Post by Doc »

UK PMC's recruit ex forces especially the decent ones. PMC's offer no basic training unless you PAY for a CP course/Firearms course/PSD Course.

Blackwater are shite, recruit shite and are errrr shite (again)

Stop spinning shite.

Shite
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

Doc wrote:UK PMC's recruit ex forces especially the decent ones. PMC's offer no basic training unless you PAY for a CP course/Firearms course/PSD Course.
Thats what I meant sorry, but it has been done numerous times.