Share This Page:

Medical

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
sailor98

Medical

Post by sailor98 »

Hi, I had my first medical back in march, where i was made TMU because i have a condition in my left eye called Duane Syndrome. It means my left eye does not move outwards. My vision in my left eye has been corrected with glasses and i can see clearly out of my right eye. The doctor at my first medical required more information from my GP. The letter was sent to the SMO. I am supposed to have a medical next thursday but was emailed by my careers advisor and told not to go as the doctor will send me a letter with the outcome instead. Has anyone experienced anything like this before, and if so how long did it take, just wondering on whether i will receive a letter next week or will have to wait longer, thankyou :)
Tab

Re: Medical

Post by Tab »

Personally I think you may receive some bad news
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Not necessarily Tab - it probably depends on the role applied for.
One of my mates is a Navy Warrant Officer, incredibly good at his job, but you've no idea which way he's looking when he's talking to you...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Tab

Post by Tab »

Hyper.....that reminds me of that old song about one eye on the pot and the other on chimney
sailor98

Post by sailor98 »

Sorry it's late - but thankyou for the responses! i will obviously be disheartened if i don't pass my application but i'm sure i can find something else. :)