Share This Page:

Fast Jet Pilot in the Fleet air arm

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
hodsa123

Fast Jet Pilot in the Fleet air arm

Post by hodsa123 »

Hi
my life long ambition is to fly fast jets wether for the RAF or the Royal Navy Fleet air arm, however due to the fact that more combat is often seen by the naval aviators and the Navy's view on asthma any anything related (Although i do not have asthma on my medical records and just a preventative inhaler) either way i have worked hard and i am achiving the GCSE Grades With being on target for an A in maths , a B in english and a B in most other subjects, at collage i am taking Maths physics , history and something else , however i do not know what would be most beneficial, i have spoken to my recruter about the medical side of things and he has said all is fine, i have started my PPL and am training in the Scottish aviation bulldog, (anything to give me an edge) my questions are,
- how many pilots will be taken on when the two queen Elisabeth class carriers are commissioned and when this will be
- what other A levels should i take
- should i be ok with an RAF application
- could anyone with past experience let me know what personal qualities are looked for in a fast jet pilot
- is there any thing that they look for specifically in a navy FJ pilot

Many Thanks Any information will be much appreciated as well as anyone who could offer me some advice as to progressing, i am currently 15 and have some time prior to handing in my 1st application at aged 17-18, ( i have no criminal record and perfect vision however am a little unfit) once again thanks, and im all ears :wink:
Tab

Re: Fast Jet Pilot in the Fleet air arm

Post by Tab »

The time the Navy gets fast jets you could be a pensioner