Share This Page:

If you fail part way through!

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
navy81

If you fail part way through!

Post by navy81 »

Hi lads,

Just joined the site, have my Psychometric Test on 20th March, actually looking forward to it but sure i will be sh*tting myself the day before.

Just wanted to ask a question. If you pass the test then pass interview and then fail the next part of the recruitment process eg the fitness assesment do you have to start the whole application process again and fill out another application form? or can you re-apply to do the part you failed on at a later stage?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

You'd only have to redo the part you failed, not the whole thing.

And welcome. :)
navy81

Post by navy81 »

Thanks for that, so do they automatically send you another date to do the test or do you have to re-apply for one?
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Not sure. There'd probably be a certain waiting time before you could do the test again, but you won't fail so don't worry.
AndyG321

Post by AndyG321 »

When I did my psychometric they said that if you fail it's a year till you can retake unless you can prove to them you've improved on the section you failed on e.g if you failed the maths section you could go and take a maths course or take keys skills (something that gives you a certificate) then you can retake sooner.
Application - 15th Dec
Recruit tests- Pass
Eye test - Pass
Interview - Pass
Medical - Pass
PJFT - Pass
PRMC - Pass!!!
RT - 23rd July

PB's
------------------
1.5 miler - 9:17
London Marathon - 5:19:24
twhite86

Post by twhite86 »

with the pjft you have 3 attempts!!,also the written tests are easy, only thing il say is dont dwell on one answer for too long!
anyways good luck for your test.
navy81

Post by navy81 »

with the PJFT do u have to wait a year or so inbetween each test also is the 3 attempts TOTAL or if u fail can u re do in a year or so with a new application? or is 3 attempts it?
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

I remember somebody saying you could pay £20 for each extra try with the Marines, should be the same with the navy, but you wont fail 3 times :wink:
twhite86

Post by twhite86 »

its 3 attempts withing the application, i did mine on tuesday and passed with flying colours, just make sure you train a bit to make sure
ArcticWaters

Post by ArcticWaters »

hi, i did mine about 3weeks ago i passed 1st time.. i am going for my divers aquaint in september and i was just woundering if i failed that would i be able to try and do it again or will i have to start from the begining?

thanks for the help.