Share This Page:

Fitness test 2.4k in 10.45min

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
Breathingbrick

Fitness test 2.4k in 10.45min

Post by Breathingbrick »

Hi
I am joining as a mine clearance diver so my PJFT time is 10.45min instaed of the usual 12.?? min

I am writing this to ask if any knows what kind of foods I should be eating prior to the PJFT.

I was running the 2.4k in about 13.30 min and I've done the test once and but got it down to less than 9min at the test until the last 200m when I went dizzy and the test was stopped :evil:
( then again proberbly better than flying off the end of the tread mill and landing in a big heap )

Any help would be appreciated
Paulc83

Post by Paulc83 »

dont read into to much mate just get on the macine and run! the minimum speed is 14.2 km/h i think so just set it to 15 and you cant go wrong,

As for foods dont eat to near the test as youll be sick and not to long before, as like the last time you may go dizzy.
try a bannana about half 3/4 an hour before and some pasta in the morning and night before.
pschometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview-passed
medical -passed
pjft- 9.02

A fool learns by his own mistakes, a wise man learns by others.

push ups 72
pull ups 8 but it nearly killed me!
sit ups 70 form questionable
1.5 mile-9.12
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

MF mag says pasta 2hours before and one fig roll 15mins from the run. Along with the water of course. But I really wouldn't worry about it. Just don't drink lucazade before :oops:
mfat_man

Re: Fitness test 2.4k in 10.45min

Post by mfat_man »

Breathingbrick wrote:Hi
I am joining as a mine clearance diver so my PJFT time is 10.45min instaed of the usual 12.?? min

I am writing this to ask if any knows what kind of foods I should be eating prior to the PJFT.

I was running the 2.4k in about 13.30 min and I've done the test once and but got it down to less than 9min at the test until the last 200m when I went dizzy and the test was stopped :evil:
( then again proberbly better than flying off the end of the tread mill and landing in a big heap )

Breathingbrick

Is this something that happens regularly? (e.g. dizziness) If so talk to your Dr and take some medical advice.

As the other poster was saying, I don't know if you eat a lot of sweets, or choccie, but if you do cut down on these and go for some longer laster (complex) carbohydrate meals such as pasta, rice, banannas, because if you eat too much sugary things they can burn up very quickly - hence your sudden loss of strenght and light headedness.

What you can do is to take an isotonic type drink with you to top up your system before and after the test, as we have said before hyrdration is vital, and I don't mean with beer or cola! :wink:

http://www.worldwidejam.tv/injuries.heat.parkour.html

Effects of hydration

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/4326947.stm

See top section - running on empty.
BJL475

Re: Fitness test 2.4k in 10.45min

Post by BJL475 »

Breathingbrick wrote:Hi

To achieve a time of 10.20 you would need to be running at 14kph, given the treadmill starts off slow then reaches its selected speed,
which takes between 15-20 secs, this speed gives 25 seconds to play with.

Hope this helps...
Pschometric Test- passed
Eye Test- passed
Interview-passed
Medical -passed
RNAC - 05/02/07
PJFT - pending
euro_andrew

Post by euro_andrew »

Just chill out mate, rest the day before if you feel you have too. but really it isant difficult. the only hard part of the PJFT can be the nerves, its only 10 mins!

- Andy
Just Lie back and think of England.

AFCO 17 - Oct [b]Here I come![/b]
Killer Marine

Post by Killer Marine »

hey guys, i can do my 1.5mile in 9.30mins but want to know any tips you may have on how to control your speed and time effectively to get under the 9mins mark?

Marine till i die
UtrinqueParatus

Post by UtrinqueParatus »

Killer Marine wrote:Marine till i die

:roll:
Chris_Manchester

Post by Chris_Manchester »

Aye, talk about jumping the gun.... and the bullet... and also possibily the target. 8)
FPGRM
S Squadron
bigdog

Post by bigdog »

I really would not wory about food for the PJFT, unless you are on the atkins diet you have plenty of carbs in your system for ten minutes exercise. I would have a strong cup of coffee before you go. This will give you a slight boost.
ArcticWaters

Post by ArcticWaters »

hey iv just done my running test and they set the treadmill for ya so all i did is put a bit more speed on it.. i wouldnt eat loads before because as i where waiting 2 do my run so was this lad but he was doing it for the marines.. and he came in with a big kfc haha anyway he started running just b4 me and by the time i ran about 800m he where sick.. so i would just say have some fruit about an hour before
good luck