Share This Page:

Medical Deferral

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
GregCuthbert

Medical Deferral

Post by GregCuthbert »

I don't want any silly responses

Currently transferring from the reserves to full-time Parachute Regiment

I was only a tested by the reserves 2 months ago but I thought instead of going in part time that I would go in full-time

So the army requested my primary health care records, the back in January I went to the doctor's thinking that I had pain in my kidney when it was all ok I done a urine test and I didn't have any problems at all, received a message today that my application has been deferred until January 2020 because of back pain

Now I actually didn't go to the doctors for back pain I went there because I had a slight pain coming from my kidney area which went away when I hydrated myself properly - I never had any treatment for back pain it's not something I would ever go to the doctors about anyway, but I went to the doctor's as a precaution just in case something was wrong with my kidney but it turns out I just felt really run down

Is there any advice you can give me I know I can't go against the army medical rules but this means I'm going to have to do my application again as it's just over the 9 month mark and I have had my application ongoing for 18 months now due to me having a spec med done for my shoulder and being tested for asthma which I have been medically green for

Is there anything I can say to the doctor's to make them change their tune or could I perhaps say that the doctor has made a mistake and I never actually had back pain because I participated in an MMA fight 2 weeks after going to the doctor's which I would have had an all clear for

Cheers
samlarson

Re: Medical Deferral

Post by samlarson »

I don't want any silly responses

Currently transferring from the reserves to full-time Parachute Regiment

I was only a tested by the reserves 2 months ago but I thought instead of going in part time that I would go in full-time

So the army requested my primary health care records, the back in January I went to the doctor's thinking that I had pain in my kidney when it was all ok I done a urine test and I didn't have any problems at all, received a message today that my application has been deferred until January 2020 because of back pain

Now I actually didn't go to the doctors for back pain I went there because I had a slight pain coming from my kidney area which went away when I hydrated myself properly - I never had any treatment for back pain it's not something I would ever go to the doctors about anyway, but I went to the doctor's as a precaution just in case something was wrong with my kidney but it turns out I just felt really run down

Is there any advice you can give me I know I can't go against the army medical rules but this means I'm going to have to do my application again as it's just over the 9 month mark and I have had my application ongoing for 18 months now due to me having a spec med done for my shoulder and being tested for asthma which I have been medically green for

Is there anything I can say to the doctor's to make them change their tune or could I perhaps say that the doctor has made a mistake and I never actually had back pain because I participated in an MMA fight 2 weeks after going to the doctor's which I would have had an all clear for!

Cheers
I'm afraid you cannot do anything about that. If the doctor proves your medical condition you will in reserve forever