Share This Page:

Applying from overseas

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
FCL22

Applying from overseas

Post by FCL22 »

Hello,

I'm a 22 year old, British Citizen by birth and for a while now I've been interested in joining the army. I'm medically, mentally and physically fit enough and I have the required motivation and drive. The only problem being, that I am currently living/working in Germany. I'm due to move back home in just over 2 months but I am really keen to get the ball rolling. Is it worth me applying whilst I am still living here in Germany? Would it in anyway affect my application? Or would it just be better for me to apply when I have moved back?

Thanks in advance for your help & apologies if I have negated to mention anything that would help answer my query quicker (I'm new to this forum stuff :P)

Faye
Millar

Re: Applying from overseas

Post by Millar »

I would apply from Germany and when they ring you, explain your situation, better to have dates arranged before you get to England.
FCL22

Post by FCL22 »

Hey Millar,

Thanks for your response!

What you said makes sense. Funny how when you're stressing over something so much, the simplest and most obvious of solutions seem to evade you, haha!

Thanks again,

Faye
Scouse Lancer

Post by Scouse Lancer »

Faye, get your butt to Herford as they have a recruiting office there, it was in Harewood Barracks (Hmmm I was based there in 91 - 95).

It has now moved to:

If you have decided on a career in the Army or you just want to find out more, please contact us through the links below.

Drop-in Address:

Waltgeristr,
32049 Herford.
(Opposite Families NAAFI).

Mailing Address:

Army Careers Information Office,
Wentworth Barracks,
BFPO 15.

Tel: +49 (0)5221 297 9646

Email: acioherford-recruiter@mod.uk

Tell them your current status (Moving back to UK) and they will still put you on their books and then hand you over to your local (UK) ACIO.

Good luck and enjoy.
Once a Lancer always a Lancer, Ich Dien.

It must be accepted as a principle that the rifle, effective as it is, cannot replace the effect produced by the speed of the horse, the magnetism of the charge and the terror of cold steel. - British Cavalry Training Manual, 1907