Share This Page:

Being Gay in the army -What is it REALLY like, truthfully?

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Hielan' Laddie

Re: Being Gay in the army -What is it REALLY like, truthfull

Post by Hielan' Laddie »

Honestly mate, you don't need to worry. I have a mate who is gay and we are both in the infantry - the most stereotypically manly/butch job in the army. I don't give a damn about his sexuality because I know that he is a bloody good soldier - something he has proven on operations.

I even know a bloke who is bisexual and openly cross-dresses and no-one in his unit minds. He is a Royal Marine though so its hardly surprising he gets away with it :D
Walter Kovacks

Post by Walter Kovacks »

It can be a bit of a pain in the arse at times.
DanielKing

Post by DanielKing »

Doesn't matter - having the right character and skills is much more important.

I think you take things too seriously and personally though and that could be a problem.
EH_BURNETT

Post by EH_BURNETT »

Act the way you do normally and, yes you may get grief of those harsh, what the word, b******* but just let it wash over you, who cares what they think?! You will find there are always people like that but just ignore them. If your physically capable and do your job well, well that's all that matters! Anyway (this is RAF I'm talking about (I dont know about the army)) there is a number of gay colleagues who get on really well with people and are great at their job! I mean my mate is gay and the most popular guy in the med centre! The trick is just act confident and you will fly through basic training and beat the other guys too it!
EH_BURNETT

Post by EH_BURNETT »

Hielan' Laddie wrote:Honestly mate, you don't need to worry. I have a mate who is gay and we are both in the infantry - the most stereotypically manly/butch job in the army. I don't give a damn about his sexuality because I know that he is a bloody good soldier - something he has proven on operations.

I even know a bloke who is bisexual and openly cross-dresses and no-one in his unit minds. He is a Royal Marine though so its hardly surprising he gets away with it :D
To be honest who should win in a fight? Foul mouthed squadies or well trained Marines...? I think I know who (I'll give you a clue *marines*)

No offence meant mate just a bit of friendly banter. :P You both do a tremendous job and have more guts than most people!
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

EH_BURNETT wrote: To be honest who should win in a fight? Foul mouthed squadies or well trained Marines...? I think I know who (I'll give you a clue *marines*)
Depends if the Marine is totally naked, covered in baby oil and comes at you with a raging hard on. I'd surrender straight away. Or distract him and knick his iPod so that HE surrenders in floods of tears...

But come on... 'foul mouthed squaddies'??? wtf?

And a thread from 2010 rises from the dead!! Haven't visited here for a while. Is this like the Dave Channel? Do you only do repeats these days?
EH_BURNETT

Post by EH_BURNETT »

Bit of humour :-D Squaddies are famous for their 'language' :P