Share This Page:

Tactical Advances to Battle. Help please.

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Brisks

Tactical Advances to Battle. Help please.

Post by Brisks »

I hate them. I can do 80 push ups in 2 minutes I can do 60-80 sit ups in two minutes, I can run 1.5 miles in 9:30 min but for some reason when it comes to TABing I can't seem to keep up after 3 miles.

I never have any problems with my feet, they don't blister. However my legs really seem to refuse to work after about 2 miles, it's mainly the muscles along the front of my shins that seem to hurt. Has anyone got any advice on how to improve by TABing ability quickly? 'm thinking of just filling my bergen with weight and doing 3 miles 3 times a week around my area and hopefully this will improve me? But I need to be able to do 8 miles within the next four weeks and right now I struggle with 4.

I weigh about 80kg and am 5ft 10 if you want to know or it makes any difference.
The D Man

Post by The D Man »

If you say that it is pain in the fronts of you're shins, it could possibly be shin splint.
Here this gives a description: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/shin-splints
Brisks

Post by Brisks »

Sounds like that might be it, I might try getting some insoles to support the arch of my feet, and try do some exercises to strengthen those muscles runnin along the front of my shins. Thanks for that link.
The D Man

Post by The D Man »

No problem.
mathewggrantgrant

Re: Tactical Advances to Battle. Help please.

Post by mathewggrantgrant »

Running is a high-impact strenuous exercise that causes shin-splint. So, you need to run less to lessen the pain.
Mathew Grant