Share This Page:

ADSC Discussions

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Doc

ADSC Discussions

Post by Doc »

Dont start fresh topics use this thread to post all questions/answers/advice etc.

Doc
KD*

Post by KD* »

hey there just came across this site,seems very usefull,im going to selection on the 22nd of july this month just wonderd is anyone else going on this date to Pirbright aswell as me ,im going for infantry , the rifles,nervous but excited :P any tips wud be welcomed and whats the run time for infantry to pass,i keep reading so many times ranging from 10 mins to 12 :45 mins,anyway any replies welcomed,thanks.
KD*

Post by KD* »

thanks m8 very helpfull :)
just_me

Post by just_me »

Pysical Requirements in this site: http://www.welbeck.mod.uk/Fitness/Website/run.htm though with the run time obviously aim to get around the 10:00 minute mark.
KD*

Post by KD* »

thanks m8 no worrys runnin 10 18 so opefully shudnt be to bad thanks for the reply.

I realise you are new to the forum.
Text Speak is unacceptable.Abide by the Terms and Conditions above or see your posts deleted.
Rifleman Webb

ADSC 13 August

Post by Rifleman Webb »

Hello everyone I am a new member to this site! I would just like to ask if anyone has their date the same as mine? My first job choice is for the Infantry, The Rifles that is all I really want to do! I am getting quite nervous as i do not want to p*** off my recruiter by not passing as he told me to phone him as soon as ADSC is finished.

My MSN is craigeyboi@hotmail.co.uk if anybody wants a chat concerning ADSC or you can just chat on here if you like. Fitness wise my scores are currently around 10.40 for the 1.5 mile run, 55 sit ups and around 40 push ups in 2 minutes. I understand you do not need to complete the push ups and sit ups test at ADSC.

Thanks for your time!
riflebutt

Post by riflebutt »

Good luck with the rifles mate, is also my second choice for regiment. Tell us how your ADSC goes.
Rifleman Webb

Post by Rifleman Webb »

Thanks mate. I will probably write a diary.
mamps

ice breaker

Post by mamps »

hi, i m going for selection at ADSC Pirbright on 20th August, is any one else got the same date? my running time is betwwen 10:30- 10:50
i m just worrying about ice breaker bcoz i dont know wat and how to speak for 3-4 mins. can anyone help me out fo this
thanks
Woody91

Re: ice breaker

Post by Woody91 »

mamps wrote:hi, i m going for selection at ADSC Pirbright on 20th August, is any one else got the same date? my running time is betwwen 10:30- 10:50
i m just worrying about ice breaker bcoz i dont know wat and how to speak for 3-4 mins. can anyone help me out fo this
thanks
Don't worry about the ice breaker mate, what you basically do is just stand infront of overyone, making sure you keep your hands behind your back, and there is a board infront of you of the topics that you have to cover such as, where your from, hobbies, family, why you want to join the army, which regiment and what training you have been doing in preperation for ADSC.

Nothing to worry about though mate.

Good luck pal.

Woody.
Application sent - 02/05/08
BARB Test - 08/05/08 (passed)
Interview - 27/05/08 (passed)
ADSC - 18/06/08 (injured - metal spike through the knee) NEW DATE - 11/09/08 PASSED!
Para Depot Catterick - Sunday 21st September 2008
Rifleman Webb

Defered

Post by Rifleman Webb »

I got medically defered at my ADSC yesterday for a heart murmur and high blood pressure but I have been to the hospital for a scan and everything is fine now I dont have a murmur or high blood pressure just nerves! I was really disapointed I didn't get to show what I can do. I now have to wait for a new date.
Woody91

ADSC PIRBRIGHT 11TH SEPTEMBER!

Post by Woody91 »

Who's going to be at ADSC Pirbright on September 11th?

Woody
Application sent - 02/05/08
BARB Test - 08/05/08 (passed)
Interview - 27/05/08 (passed)
ADSC - 18/06/08 (injured - metal spike through the knee) NEW DATE - 11/09/08 PASSED!
Para Depot Catterick - Sunday 21st September 2008
carli

adsc september 4th

Post by carli »

hey!! just wondering if theres any females going on the 4th sep aswell?? :D x
Recruit2009

Women

Post by Recruit2009 »

Mate there is no women in your selection with you there are some on campus but non that will intract with you, And when your in phase 1 training you will have to become a monk for 14 weeks ha ha Hope Helpful

Recruit 2009
walker89

Post by walker89 »

Just wondering if their is anyone going to ADSC Lichfield
on the 17th September?