Share This Page:

Just off the phone...

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
joshualoftus

Post by joshualoftus »

He's in Australia mate, don't think he's the same bloke. You've got one too huh? They're everywhere!
Check it out, Independently targetting particle-beam phalanx. VWAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart-missles, phased plasma pulse-rifles, RPG's. We got sonic electronic ballbreakers, we got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks..."
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

Sorry to drag an old post up, but refering back to the post about pseudologica-fantastica, i have/had a mate who pretended he was dying of cancer and told everyone (except me) that he had a year to live. He went on to tell all my mates that i went with him to all his hospital appointments for 'support', the only problem with this is that i knew nothing about it.
So when my mates asked me how i was coping with taking him to the hospital all the time and watching him slowly die i (obviously) said i knew nothing about it and that i was out on the piss with him the previous evening when he had told everyone else that he was staying overnight at hospital.
I told them that he must be lying as i knew nothing about it and he looked well enough to me when i saw him last, to cut a long story, my friends couldn't believe i could be so horrible to our ''dying' friend and dis-owened me till eventually they realised he was lying and apologised to me.
The sad thing is one of my (and his) best mate's mum was sadly diagnosed with having a rare form of cancer of the kidneys, so it really brought home the reality of the stupid and callous thing's he had said and done, needless to say we don't speak to him anymore.
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
gnrgreenhill

Post by gnrgreenhill »

I know a guy thats a bit lke that! Not as bad as pretending to have cancer, but its quite bad. you cant have a single conversation in a grope without him jumping in, spouting all the BS!

At first, I used to humor him. Then one day, he had just got back from air cadet camp at Gibralter. He clamed that during his stay, they had to fly a car bomb out of the main base in afganistan, all the way to gibralter for him, a 19 yr old cadet NCO to defuse!

after that, every time he spouts BS, we all turn the tables on him, start asking questions, like some sort of cps prosicution team, he soon folds, and shuts up! we are even making headway with curing him of his lies, its simple every time he starts talking B******s, we shout "Shut up D**khead"!

if you get a walt, just ask him what coulor the boat house at hereford is! :D
Cliodna

Post by Cliodna »

So then gnrgreenhil.....
just what colour is the boathouse at Hereford then?? :roll:
Biggles1211

Post by Biggles1211 »

Regards address of rank etc.

In many parts of the Services in general, you'd most likely find that when small groups of individuals work together for extended periods of time they will resort to first names. However, the formality (or a higher degree of it anyway) is usually switched back on when you are back within the confines of the wider military organisation.

From an officer's perspective, it depends on the calibre of the guys involved. If they're 'grown-ups' then they know that they can use first names without losing respect for rank. They also know not to drop their boss in the sh1t by being too informal with him in front of others.

It's an issue of respect. Not something that every Officer is happy with or any squaddie is capable of.
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

gnrgreenhill wrote: if you get a walt, just ask him what coulor the boat house at hereford is! :D
I've just come across this (guffaw! guffaw!) whilst looking at some of the older threads, absolute quality post!! The King of Walts giving advice on dealing with wait for it....."Walts"
Ronin's got a lot to answer for!!

Chuckling!, chuckling oh! and more chuckling!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."