Share This Page:

What are your experiences with and knoweldge of support for people leaving the armed forces

General discussions on helping the wounded (our soldiers) and other charitable work and events.
mirowg

What are your experiences with and knoweldge of support for people leaving the armed forces

Post by mirowg »

Hi everyone,

My name is Gina, and I am currently working for a charity that provides support around housing, benefits, and debt.

We are hoping to become more engaged with leavers of the armed forces, and I was wondering if any of you wanted to share your experiences and knowledge of the support that is available for people leaving the armed forces and their families?

Do you get the impression that the support that is available is of good quality, and that there is enough of it? - Do you have the impression that there are gaps in support that are not being met at the moment?

We're particularly interested in hearing about:

- young early leavers
- families leaving the armed forces
- housing support
- debt advice
- benefits advice
- mental health
- employment
- domestic violence

The internet suggests that there are a lot of services out there, but I'd love to hear your experiences (and those of your friends, family, and colleagues) about how well these organisations work, and what could be done to better meet your needs!

I look forward to hearing your responses,

Thanks in advance for your time,

Gina
Tab

Re: What are your experiences with and knoweldge of support for people leaving the armed forces

Post by Tab »

I'm going back a fair bit but we were just shown the door and that was that, but with warning about not leaving the country with out the M.O.D permission