Share This Page:

Jack: A Soldier's Story

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
just_me

Jack: A Soldier's Story

Post by just_me »

Saw and advert for this, might be worth a look.
One-off documentary in which reporter Ben Anderson highlights the plight of soldiers returning to everyday life in Army barracks after completing tours of duty. After witnessing the deaths of two of his comrades in Afghanistan, a 24-year-old lance corporal with an exemplary record returns to the UK for counselling. The effects of his harrowing experiences quickly take hold, and violent tendencies emerge, leaving his future career with the Grenadier Guards in jeopardy
On next Tuesday, 22:00-23:00 on BBC3.

Edited for Spelling.
Last edited by just_me on Wed 22 Oct, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Yeah spotted that too. At first I thought it was going to be telling the story of the tour but after looking it up obviously not.
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

Hmm interesting subject i guess it depends how its portrayed on screen. Everyone deals with things in different ways so it would be a shame to generalise it and say this is how it is for most people. On the other hand it could make the public realise soldiers are just normal guys doing their job thus raising respect. Lets see how it goes, i will be watching this with interest.

Mike
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

I didn't feel i had been screwed out of an hour of my life watching it so i guess it was worth watching. I had seen the panorama previously and a lot of it seemed to be repeated in this. I feel it could have done with showing more of the behaviour after his tour of duty and the help he got or didn't.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Yes, yesterday's one was almost exclsivley about Jack and his experiences but I thought it was a good watch even though the BBC find it okay to show crap like "Undercover Soldier" giving the armed forces a black name on BBC1 but show things that show the hard work and effort by soldiers on BBC3, which not everyone can watch.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

just_me wrote:Yes, yesterday's one was almost exclsivley about Jack and his experiences but I thought it was a good watch even though the BBC find it okay to show crap like "Undercover Soldier" giving the armed forces a black name on BBC1 but show things that show the hard work and effort by soldiers on BBC3, which not everyone can watch.
I too took note of that.
W*nkers.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
adamb

Post by adamb »

I liked it, i watched the undercover soldier and thought it was total crap. The undercover soldier totally exaggerated things and made himself look an idiot. Jack: A soldiers story however i thought was really good it gave an insight of a soldiers life, the good times and the bad.