Share This Page:

50 CC Vespa scooters

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Stokey_14

50 CC Vespa scooters

Post by Stokey_14 »

Well first of all I'm Disgusted in the lack of (not a signal one!) PM's congratulating me on turning sixteen :roll: :P

But this post wasn't made to moan :P

I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with the new 50cc range of Vespa’s (Vespa S 50 in particular).

Looking to buy me self one for the year to whiz (or should I say steadily roll) about on but just wondered if anyone had any opinions.

I love the styling and short of a classic Lambareta or Vespa they are by far my favorite scooters out there (Hate all the modern styles)

It is only for the year as I plan on getting a 250 cc Lambareta GP for my 17th so long as its a decent running scooter that all I’m worried about.

I know it's not military related but you lot usually come up with the good no matter what :wink:

Many thanks

Stokey (_16 :P )

P.S. If anyone whose been through there CBT has a moment to spare to chat about what the test includes I’d be very grateful
flighty

Post by flighty »

Sh*t, have we missed your birthday, Stokey? :oops:

Happy Un-Birthday, mate! About time you got over to no. 6 to sign the visitors' book .... kinell, you are ten minutes away!

Lots of Love, Aunty Jayne xxx
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

flighty wrote:Sh*t, have we missed your birthday, Stokey? :oops:

Happy Un-Birthday, mate! About time you got over to no. 6 to sign the visitors' book .... kinell, you are ten minutes away!

Lots of Love, Aunty Jayne xxx
Make that a hour on a 50 cc hair dryer! :roll: ... got to start some where!

Soon as I get me scooter and leave school (hopefully end of next week) I'll make no. 6 my first lengthy ride out (and you haven't missed it .... just in time only a hour or so of it left :P )

Stokey
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

oh my days, you didnt warn me! You're so young! I'll have the nappies in the post by tomorrow morning poppit :o :o

From what Ive read, that's a good lil scooter but as with any scooter and being big, you're likely to have to push off with your feet to get going *sniggers*
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

I know a bloke who can get stabilisers for a Vespa. Not sure about the Lambretta, mind... :P :lol: Happy birthday mate :D
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Illustrious wrote:oh my days, you didnt warn me! You're so young! I'll have the nappies in the post by tomorrow morning poppit :o :o

From what Ive read, that's a good lil scooter but as with any scooter and being big, you're likely to have to push off with your feet to get going *sniggers*
I know a bloke who can get stabilisers for a Vespa. Not sure about the Lambretta, mind... Happy birthday mate

:lol: The wit and originality of it all :roll: .I new I could count on you pair for very useful and serious answer :P

Cheers all the same :wink:

Stokey
Alfa

Re: 50 CC Vespa scooters

Post by Alfa »

Stokey_14 wrote:P.S. If anyone whose been through there CBT has a moment to spare to chat about what the test includes I’d be very grateful
Well CBT usually involves weights or some kind of ligature, even clothes pegs can be used as well as...........oh right, is that not what you meant?? :lol:
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

I did my CBT about 2 months ago and looking to take my bike test next month. CBT is a pretty chilled out affair which goes something like:
meet instructor
safety talk
parts of the machine
ride machine in a straight line
ride with turns
figure of 8 around cones (pretty hard!)
then some theory test stuff
out on roads
done!

Theres more conprehensive info if you look here:

http://www.begin-motorcycling.co.uk/index.htm

The problem with 50cc and 125cc is that there acceleration is gash, so you cant really overtake anyone. However when the traffic is slow moving, cutting in and out of them is pretty fun!
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Top stuff that mate... defiantly will come in hand :wink:

Well to my surprise my old man ordered me a red vespa S 50 today :D

http://www.vespa.com/vespas/grafiche/grandi/2.jpg

Got to send off for my license and book the CBT +get my insurance sorted etc

on the road in 3-4 weeks with any luck

Watch out! :lol:

Stokey
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Belated birthday wishes Stokey.
Once you get your scootery thing I'll be the one in the Landrover with a bull-bar on the front coming up behind you 8)
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

I am so pelting you with eggs when I see you stokey :lol: :lol:

Well, actually I spose not. You've invested in the least chavvy moped I have ever come across. Good on ya fella and try not to fail your CBT. A few "behind the times" people do but other than that, it be piss.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Wholley wrote: I'll be the one with a bull-bar on the front coming up behind you 8)
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Cripes, Wholl ........ he's only been legal a matter of hours!!!!

Jayney :wink:
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Wholley wrote:Belated birthday wishes Stokey.
Once you get your scootery thing I'll be the one in the Landrover with a bull-bar on the front coming up behind you 8)
:o slightly worrying but Cheers all the same! I'll defiantly be stopping to let you past!
Illustrious wrote:I am so pelting you with eggs when I see you stokey :lol: :lol:

Well, actually I spose not. You've invested in the least chavvy moped I have ever come across. Good on ya fella and try not to fail your CBT. A few "behind the times" people do but other than that, it be piss.
:P One thing I certainly can't be accused of is Chavvy... more of a Mod 'wanna be' Born in the wrong decade... tonic suits, northern soul and Lamberetas would suit me perfect, that over tacky bottoms, hardcore and hair fairy Asian scooters anyway!
fodd

Post by fodd »

Illustrious wrote:oh my days, you didnt warn me! You're so young! I'll have the nappies in the post by tomorrow morning poppit :o :o

I just got this image in me head like the flintstones :lol:

Happy birthday mucker :wink:
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

I am so pelting you with eggs when I see you stokey
Just to let you know about 20-30 of me mates got there before you after school today... 50+ eggs flew into me, 3 bags of flower all washed of with 2 litters of water.

I saw them all waiting for me, so I whipped me blazer and tie of and ran straight at them :lol:

teachers where going berserk! :roll:

God don't you just love school boys :P (don't answer that one AJ ... or wholly by the sounds of things... bull bars indeed :o :P )

Stokey