Share This Page:

Dispatches CH4

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Rogue Chef

Dispatches CH4

Post by Rogue Chef »

On Monday September 1st 2008 at 8pm on Channel 4, Dispatches will show Undercover Mosque: The Return. It apparently reveals Saudi women preaching hate in the British mosque that promised to clean up its act 18 months ago.

This is the follow up to a previous episode of Dispatches.

Wikipedia:
which aired on 15 January 2007 in the UK. The film caused a furor in Britain and the world press due to the content of the released footage. The documentary presents film footage gathered from 12 months of secret investigation into mosques throughout Britain. West Midlands Police investigated whether criminal offences had been committed by those teaching or preaching at the Mosques and other establishments and found that there had been insufficient evidence to bring charges against anyone featured in the documentary.
On 15th May 2008 when the matter came to the High Court, West Midlands Police and the Crown Prosecution Service apologised to the makers of the documentary for accusing them of distortion and agreed to a payment of £100,000. The statement, released to the media by West Midlands Police, after the High Court hearing, said they now accepted there had been no evidence that Channel 4 or the documentary makers had "misled the audience or that the programme was likely to encourage or incite criminal activity".

It added that the Ofcom report showed the documentary had "accurately represented the material it had gathered and dealt with the subject matter responsibly and in context". The police statement concluded: "We accept, without reservation, the conclusions of Ofcom and apologise to the programme makers for the damage and distress caused by our original press release." The same statement was later posted on the Crown Prosecution Service website.
Should provide an interesting topic for discussion around the camp fire!
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Watched it.
Shocking as usual.
Spoke with Muslims that I work with about it. They watched it.
Said the same thing we all think and know: "What a load of sh*t. No where in the Qur'an does it justify any of that, at all!"

What makes me laugh is that they said (those who hadn't watched it) that these people were changing the words and slotting in their own verses to try an minipulate others - so everyone know's it goes on.

The government knows about it all. Done anything to stamp it out yet?
Nope!
It's worrying, really. :roll:
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Im pretty sure the intelligence services in the UK are all over it.

Deeply concerning though and it makes me quite angry. :evil:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
davo141

Post by davo141 »

its just annoying to be honest, we'd soon be mutilated with pick axes through our head and limbs removed if we went to there country and preached about crusades, allah and what ever else!

i paratrooper01, domestic secruity services must be all over this by now, if not most of it with the help from other people
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

davo141 wrote:i paratrooper01, domestic secruity services must be all over this by now, if not most of it with the help from other people
Still, it doesn't stop me from wanting to go to work with some plastic explosives on the place.

Who's with me? HI-HO SILVEERRRRR!!!! :lol:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
davo141

Post by davo141 »

you jest but it will end up that way if this softarse useless government dont get a grip...rumour has it sean bean is leading an outlaw gang set up to police properly.. :drinking:
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.