Share This Page:

I'm ashamed to be a Londoner.....

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

flightywrighty wrote:Nine times out of ten there is nothing wrong with a gang of kids hanging round a street corner. By Christ did you never do it?

I get sick and tired of folk moaning about the 'yoof' of today. Yes, there can be some idiots who make life difficult, but just think back to your 'your yoof ......'

Let's have a think about how some miserable old bastards can taint our lives.

Who is first to cast the stone?

Jayne
Well said. I fully agree. During my police service 83-96 I often found that gangs of teenagers just wanted something worthwhile to do or someone to talk to.

I also get fed up of people constantly complaining about kids, pensioners, the homeless, beggars, traffic wardens, police, roadworks, councils, gas,electric, water companies.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

jabcrosshook wrote:A police officer got 12 weeks in prison today for punching a 12year old boy in the face, who had been arrested and was apparently causing issues in his cell.
I mean wtf? The bratt was under arrest ffs, if he didn't cause problems and get arrested he wouldn't have been smacked. I feel sorry for the rozzer.

I don't. As an ex-police officer I found it abhorent that a police officer should punch a child in the face. What would you have said if it was your child?
Hands on

Post by Hands on »

flightywrighty wrote:Nine times out of ten there is nothing wrong with a gang of kids hanging round a street corner. By Christ did you never do it?

I get sick and tired of folk moaning about the 'yoof' of today. Yes, there can be some idiots who make life difficult, but just think back to your 'your yoof ......'

Let's have a think about how some miserable old bastards can taint our lives.

Who is first to cast the stone?

Jayne
You are right, I am not that old (31) and I did use to hang around on street corners and In car parks, but like I said on a earlier post I was no saint but I like to think that we had a bit more respect for are elders and new when to far was to far.
I think the problem I have that's turning me Into a moaning old git before my time Is I live on a small Island (65,000 people) so you hear and see things that are changing a lot more. The past couple of years violet crime and vandalism has shot up, also the amount of young people not working when there are loads of jobs about.
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

London Boy wrote:
jabcrosshook wrote:A police officer got 12 weeks in prison today for punching a 12year old boy in the face, who had been arrested and was apparently causing issues in his cell.
I mean wtf? The bratt was under arrest ffs, if he didn't cause problems and get arrested he wouldn't have been smacked. I feel sorry for the rozzer.

I don't. As an ex-police officer I found it abhorent that a police officer should punch a child in the face. What would you have said if it was your child?
Don't get arrested. Simple as.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Why did the police officer need to go into the cell at all?
So he was causing 'problems', so leave him in there on his own and he'll soon get bored and shut up. If he's causing physical damage in the cell it can always be billed to the parents when they come to pick up the little toerag!
I reckon he should have got more than 12 weeks; he was in a position of responsibility and he abused it. Aren't the police supposed to set a good example to the 'yoof'?
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

London Boy wrote: I don't. As an ex-police officer I found it abhorent that a police officer should punch a child in the face. What would you have said if it was your child?
I absolutely agree. It's just an utter loss of control on the adults part.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

jabcrosshook wrote:
London Boy wrote:

Don't get arrested. Simple as.
Well then you clearly know nothing about civil rights for everyone including prisoners or the definition of assault. Perhaps if you had worked as a police officer you would know these things. Getting arrested doesn't mean 1, that you are a criminal or 2, that you should expect whatever treatment bullying/criminal police officers see fit to dish out.

Not all arrests are for crimes. The general "Sun reading" public and yourself seem to be happily ignorant of that fact.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Hyperlithe wrote:Why did the police officer need to go into the cell at all?
So he was causing 'problems', so leave him in there on his own and he'll soon get bored and shut up. If he's causing physical damage in the cell it can always be billed to the parents when they come to pick up the little toerag!
I reckon he should have got more than 12 weeks; he was in a position of responsibility and he abused it. Aren't the police supposed to set a good example to the 'yoof'?
I fully agree, whenever we had anyone making a racket or a mess in a cell, we simply left them to it. And charged them with any damage later. And by charged I mean it in both senses 1. A criminal charge that they had to answer in court or failing that 2. Sent them an invoice for the damage.

I also think that a police officer assaulting someone, especially someone already in custody, and therefore neither a threat to the public nor the police should be made an example of and sentenced to the full extent of the law.
We can't expect the public not to commit assault if they are aware that police offciers are committing assault and receiving extremely lenient sentences.

In 1984 PACE set out clear legislation for the custody of prisoners. And
most police forces have their own internal guidelines (based on PACE) on when and why they should enter occupied police cells.

Making a mess, damaging the cell or making a racket are not on that list

The following are:

1. resuscitate seemingly unconscious prisoner
2. prevent serious self-harm/suicide
3. prevent escape attempts/preparations
4. extinguish fires/stop flooding

On this forum some serving and ex-soldiers are keen to use the phrase "If you've never served you shouldn't comment on it"

Equally apt here for those who have never served as police officers, advocating assault by police officers.
Paddysprat

Post by Paddysprat »

I work with teenagers and a good 95% are just typical young people enjoying themselves while they can. However they are much more aware of their rights now a days. The other 5% however, act in a manner we as teenagers would never have dared to do and some are willing to push adults to breaking point because they know they can't be touched.

What chance do future generations have when you have people and parents like these?

I'm sure it's water of a ducks back to Simon Weston after 26 years but it must upset his kids when they see this. And I'm pretty sure they will have seen these.

no respect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrM3R7pUZbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2G0BPQpiqM
'Paddysprat' a phrase used when explaining the origins of an 'Army Brats' accent.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Youth-a-nasia.....with a magazine of 30 rounds load! Make ready! At the chavs to your front in your own time carry on................. :snipersmile:
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

Gone!
Last edited by jabcrosshook on Fri 05 Sep, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Doc wrote:Youth-a-nasia.....with a magazine of 30 rounds load! Make ready! At the chavs to your front in your own time carry on................. :snipersmile:
"Uhmm.... Dat's yoof-a-nasia if you don't mind guv...." .......:roll:

Anyway, while LB tries to convince us that teenagers are no different from when he were a young plod …..and that 25 years ago coppers couldn’t apply a bit of ‘direct force’ to emphasise the message that they wanted to get across to the oiks they were talking to :roll: (must have been a different force to the old fellas I work with, as they seemed to have every method under the sun for bringing out a thick ear in the shortest time on ’wayward youths’ (chavs didn’t exist back then))….I thought I’d chuck my two penn’orth in about my own experience with the local youth culture in sunny Berkshire.

I was wandering through one of the new estates in Newbury only the other day and passed a couple of fine examples of Newbury's youth culture......... The fine young gentlemen were wearing nice clean clothes, lots of spangly urban jewellery and were obviously very particular about their appearance, judging from their delicately applied make-up......

I thought "How nice.. Reminds me of the New Romantics in the 80's... (sort of)"

I must admit to being mildly concerned about the sharp objects they were carrying as I thought they might hurt themselves……..

Frankly though, the kids who wander round the shops with the crutch of their jeans flapping round their knees, with their boxers exposed DO MY FEKIN HEAD IN!! Just asking for a 'wedgie' attack....... Or a tap on the shoulder and being told to pull their keks up.... HOW has THAT become fashionable???! They can hardly WALK!!

And Yes…I’m turning into my old man………

You’re not ENTIRELY averse to dishing it out mind LB, or at least thinking that it could be justified in certain circumstances it would seem….
London Boy wrote:What scum like this need is not killing but a good kicking, a taste of their own medicine, but the UK has become so soft that chav scum like this never get to know or feel what it's like to be beaten beyond recognition.
Artist

Post by Artist »

It all boils down to how the kids are brought up by their parents as far as I'm concerned.

As I've said "Bring back the Birch/Stocks. For both the kids and the usless pillocks who let the kids get into the state they are in!

I.E. the parents.

Artist
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

sportbilly42 wrote:Frankly though, the kids who wander round the shops with the crutch of their jeans flapping round their knees, with their boxers exposed DO MY FEKIN HEAD IN!! Just asking for a 'wedgie' attack.....
Agreed. Completely. Though I was thinking more of summary execution than wedgie.