Share This Page:

Now there's a thought.

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Rogue Chef

Now there's a thought.

Post by Rogue Chef »

What about giving members ownership of their own threads.
Not on all the forums, just in one. For example in NAAFI or start a forum specifically for that purpose.
I know it can be achieved technically. On Youtube everyone has power of attorney on any vids they post. Essentially they become the moderator.

Just imagine the fun being able to 'ditch' any pointless, inappropriate or off thread comments that appear.

That said, there would be a few people on here whose post count would drop dramatically!

As my old Union Rep used to say "Power to the people". Utopian nonsense from the leftie wally.

Just a thought.
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Sat 14 Jun, 2008 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I'd just go ahead and promulgate some more if I were you.
If you want to be a mess-deck lawyer then go somewhere else.
Your becoming increasingly UN-amusing.
Are you bored or what? :o

INCOMING!!!!!!!!
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Wholley,
You've spent too long in the USA.
Get a sense of humour or get lost. You'll be whingeing about .................... something next.

By
becoming increasingly UN-amusing.
I take it that I used to be amusing. Or would you rather have some of the "I'm leaving because some nasty boys shouted at me", types that forums attract every now and then?

Getting back on thread. The idea is intended for the good and benefit of the majority of members.

There are loads of variations as well. A bit like the old Michael Miles 'gong' on Take your Pick.

You could make it that the thread owner has to 'promulagte' a reason for binning a post. Come on live a little.

Or

Is it that new ideas are not allowed? I'll check the ToA. I don't want to be warned with a 'three strikes and you're out' type threat.

As my old Sgt Major used to say, "The cold winter nights must simply fly by". He watched a lot of Blackadder.
flighty

Re: Now there's a thought.

Post by flighty »

Rogue Chef wrote:What about giving members ownership of their own threads.

That said, there would be a few people on here whose post count would drop dramatically!
Like yours, for instance. :roll:

We can all go straight to the Daily Mail home page instead.
jabcrosshook

Re: Now there's a thought.

Post by jabcrosshook »

flightywrighty wrote:
Rogue Chef wrote:What about giving members ownership of their own threads.

Like yours, for instance. :roll:

We can all go straight to the Daily Mail home page instead.
:lol:

I think it's a bad idea to have the thread originator to be the moderator, there would be no impartiality or objectivity.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

An excellent example of a 'Bong! You're out!" Posting pointless, quoting previous posts endlessly and off thread. Well done.

But please try and keep the comments positive. Remember it's an idea for just one forum.

JCH,
You're right, but that's no different from the current situation, and it might be fun.
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Fri 13 Jun, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davo141

Post by davo141 »

but when the knooob heads join, if they can mod there own threads, they will simply delete posts that are aimed at them or dont go with the thread...

i dont know, i can see where your comming from, but generally the MODS on here do a good job and its worked for god knows how many years!!
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Rogue Chef wrote:Wholley,
You've spent too long in the USA.
Get a sense of humour or get lost. You'll be whingeing about .................... something next.
I have a sense of humor thankyou and I'm not about to get lost.
We here in the US can read a compass and we don't whinge.
We"Bitch and Moan"Somewhat like you.
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

Wholley wrote: We"Bitch and Moan"Somewhat like you.
Ahhhhh bitching and moaning, those are a few (or a two) of my favourite things - I may burst into song :D :oops:

I don't think it's a good idea to give people a free reign, in all seriousness. A site like this attracts a lot of knobbers and Walters and giving them the rights to Mod their own threads can only end in disaster :o
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

Ah ! someone rang my
"Bitch and Moan"
Bell .....

I think that the mods on here do a good job -

I'll stick to the "if it works don't fix it"

Someone is always pinching MY threads - so dig out blind :D
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Disaster? Behave!

This is a discussion forum not the World Health Organisation!

Does anyone actually read the original posts anymore?

The idea is that one forum (call it the Fun Forum for example) has the facility for the thread originator to censor/delete posts on his/her thread.

No
mess-deck lawyers.
Not
a free reign.
The real MODs would still have total control, so the
knooob heads
and
Walters
could still be dealt with in the usual, polite but firm and efficient manner, in accordance with the Terms of Agreement, that they always have.

Youtube allow it and
it has worked for many years.
As my old Sgt Major used to say, "No! We've always done it this way." He was a bit of a stick in the mud. But then as my other old Sgt Major used to say, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". I could never figure that one out.
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Sun 15 Jun, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Did your old Sergeant Major ever tell you to shut the feck up and stop boring everybody?

Guess not.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Fantastic, discussion forums where discussion is not allowed! Brilliant! I wish I'd thought of that.

But seriously folks remember to maintain a positive outlook and be polite at all times.

Or as my old Sgt Maj used to say, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me". He was right. After that it was sticks and stones all the time!