Share This Page:

Mohammed cartoons on museum

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Holger Danske

Mohammed cartoons on museum

Post by Holger Danske »

Museum to exhibit Mohammed cartoons
By The Copenhagen Post

Published 17.12.07 15:00

A new exhibition will pay tribute to freedom of speech and display the Mohammed cartoons

Human rights experts are enthused by the inclusion of Mohammed cartoons in a new exhibition, scheduled for autumn 2009, about freedom of speech at the Danish media museum in Odense.

The exhibition will include a collection of approximately 40,000 letters, cartoons and newspaper clippings about the crisis precipitated by Jyllands-Posten newspaper publishing cartoons of the prophet Mohammed in September 2005.

'The idea of having an exhibition about freedom of speech has been in the works for a while, and it's not only because of the Mohammed cartoons that we're going ahead with it,' said Ervin Nielsen, director of Danmarks Mediemuseum.

Morten Kjærum, the head of the Institute of Human Rights, said: 'The exhibition is a very positive event and hopefully there will be a discussion about how to communicate on a global level.'

Mehmet Ümit Necef, lecturer at Syddansk University, agreed.

'It can allow Danes and foreigners alike the opportunity to think over what happened during the cartoon crisis,' he said. 'Further, the exhibition will show that we must protect the concept of freedom of speech.'

Neither Kjærum nor Necef believed that the exhibition would instigate another crisis.

In addition to the cartoons and material associated with them, programmes, newspaper clippings and other texts, that have caused crises or challenged the press's right to freedom of speech, will also be exhibited.

Danmarks Mediemuseum documents printmaking, the history of the press and the electronic media and their recent development, as well as the role the media on Danish society.
"Sir! We are surrounded! - Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"
Tab

Post by Tab »

I purchased a Teddy Bear this morning for the princely sum of £10.

I named him Mohammed.

This afternoon I sold him on E-Bay for £30.

My question is, "Have I made a prophet?"
Kiwi1988

Post by Kiwi1988 »

The Danes are a funny people, but must admit I would like to see the collection I have a few of my own. :wink:
Doc

Post by Doc »

Since the fuss about teddies and rag heads, Sooty has cancelled his tour of the West Indies! 8)
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Neither Kjærum nor Necef believed that the exhibition would instigate another crisis.
Stand by to stand by then 8)

Good one, Tab :P
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
rightsideforum

Post by rightsideforum »

They'll need extra security a few months from now when some islamo facist picks up the story from the archives and makes it into a big deal...
http://www.rightsideforum.com/forums/cmps_index.php

Conservative discussion, debate and activism
Holger Danske

Post by Holger Danske »

:roll:

From jp.dk
Murder plot against Danish cartoonist
Published 12.02.08 08:21

Early Tuesday morning, Danish police arrested several people with a Muslim background suspected of conspiring to kill Kurt Westergaard, a Danish cartoonist with Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten.

A formal statement by the police setting out details of the action is expected within the next few hours.

Kurt Westergaard is one of the 12 cartoonists who on 30 September 2005 published cartoons of Muslim prophet Mohammed.

The group arrested includes Danish as well as foreign citizens. The Danish Security and Intelligence Service have followed the group for months.

The cartoons and an explanatory article led, as is well known, to the so-called Mohammed crisis involving violent demonstrations, the boycott of Danish goods and the burning of Danish embassies.

Kurt Westergaard’s cartoon depicting the prophet wearing a bomb turban with a lit fuse attracted particular attention. What the cartoonist wanted to say with his cartoon was that many people exploit the prophet to legitimize terror. However, the cartoon was widely seen as a depiction of the prophet as a terrorist.

Statement by Carsten Juste, Editor-in-Chief of Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten, overall content responsibility under Danish media laws:

"Deeply worried and for several months, the management of Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten have followed the discreet efforts by the Danish Security and Intelligence Service to protect Kurt Westergaard from concrete murder threats. The arrests have hopefully thwarted the murder plans. We sympathize with Kurt Westergaard and his family who are forced to live under unreasonable pressure. It is appalling that as a reward a man who to the best of his ability goes about his work and carries it out in accordance with Danish law, the Danish media ethics code and Danish media traditions was demonized and had his life threatened. We are grateful to the Danish authorities for protecting our colleague competently and professionally."

Statement by cartoonist Kurt Westergaard:

"Of course I fear for my life after the Danish Security and Intelligence Service informed me of the concrete plans of certain people to kill me. However, I have turned fear into anger and indignation. It has made me angry that a perfectly normal everyday activity which I used to do by the thousand was abused to set off such madness. I have attended to my work and I still do. I could not possibly know for how long I have to live under police protection; I think, however, that the impact of the insane response to my cartoon will last for the rest of my life. It is sad indeed, but it has become a fact of my life. "
:evil:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7240481.stm
Last edited by Holger Danske on Tue 12 Feb, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harry hackedoff

Salmon Rushdie(top bloke) said "tell`em to get forked"
Anyone fancy a bacon sarnie, btw? 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

"Stand by to repel boarders!"
harry hackedoff

Heyup Geeze :wink:
What does the arabic script say on bombhead`s cap badge?
Hope it`s nothing blasphemous 8) Why isn`t Allah interested in women, btw? :-?
Holger Danske

Post by Holger Danske »

Why isn`t Allah interested in women, btw?
I don't about Allah but i know that quit alot of his followers are more into young boys... :-?
Major Danish newspapers republish Mohammad cartoon
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Denmark's five major daily newspapers republished on Wednesday one of the 12 drawings of the Prophet Mohammad which angered Muslims around the world, as a protest against a plot to murder one of the cartoonists.

A Danish citizen of Moroccan descent and two Tunisians were arrested on Tuesday in western Denmark for planning to murder 73-year-old Kurt Westergaard, a cartoonist at Jyllands-Posten, the Danish paper that originally published the drawings in September 2005.

The five newspapers -- Jyllands-Posten, Politiken, Berlingske Tidende, BT and Ekstra Bladet -- on Wednesday republished Westergaard's cartoon, which depicts the founder of Islam with a bomb in his turban.

It was the cartoon that caused the most controversy when the original drawings sparked outrage among Muslims, most of whom consider any depiction of the Prophet as offensive.

Three Danish embassies were attacked and at least 50 people were killed in rioting in 2006 in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Several young Muslims have since been convicted in Denmark of planning bomb attacks, partly in protest at the cartoons.

An editorial in left-leaning Politiken called the murder plot "shocking and troubling."

"Their plans to kill Kurt Westergaard... are not just an attack on Westergaard but an attack on our democratic culture," the editorial said.

"Regardless of whether Jyllands-Posten at the time used freedom of speech unwisely and with damaging consequences, the paper deserves unconditional solidarity when it is threatened with terror," it said.

"That is why Politiken today... prints the drawing, even though at no time have we sympathized with Jyllands-Posten's provocation."
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

harry hackedoff wrote:Heyup Geeze :wink:
What does the arabic script say on bombhead`s cap badge? :-?
La 'Illah ha il Allah wa Mohammed ur rasoolillah.

Does that help? :P

Or:

There is no god but Allah and Mohammed is Allah's prophet.

NB. If you repeat this three times in front of an Imam, then you become a Muslim.

How easy is that? Go on! You know you want to! :yeah: :-?
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Sisyphus wrote:
harry hackedoff wrote:Heyup Geeze :wink:
What does the arabic script say on bombhead`s cap badge? :-?
La 'Illah ha il Allah wa Mohammed ur rasoolillah.

Does that help? :P

Or:

There is no god but Allah and Mohammed is Allah's prophet.

NB. If you repeat this three times in front of an Imam, then you become a Muslim.

How easy is that? Go on! You know you want to! :yeah: :-?

I'd rather be Jewish
harry hackedoff

Shokran, :wink:

There is no god but.
And Mohamed takes the profit :P
Mind jew, I am slightly deaf :roll:
Holger Danske

Post by Holger Danske »

Unbelieveable...!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0U2ce-LmA4

Brainwashing children like that makes me sick... :roll: :-?