Share This Page:

How do I support my woman in the army?

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
Sebastian Street

How do I support my woman in the army?

Post by Sebastian Street »

Hello, I hope I am posting this in the right place, I am really looking for some practical advice.

My girlfriend of some 4 years has just been accepted to join the Army as an officer.
She has no degree or anything but she trained really hard for it and put in loads of study and got accepted.
I have tried to be "her rock" or what ever you want to call it and I have really tried to be helpful and supportive and I think she is genuinely grateful.

Obviously a lot of blokes join the army and leave wives and girlfriends behind, and in some ways my story isn't so different to theirs, but I have scoured the net and there seems to be very little in the way of advice for husbands and boyfriends.

Naturally I am worried about her safety (I have know idea what it's like to be a woman in the army), I am concerned about what effect the training will have on her, whether we will still be able to relate to eachother when she gets fully intergrated in to forces life.
Also I want to be there for her and I want to make things as good for her as possible when she is not "on duty"

Apologies this has turned in to bit of a saga, but I hope you can understand how I feel.

Is there anyone who can offer me any advice and experience?

Thanks in advance
journo

Re: How do I support my woman in the army?

Post by journo »

Hello

I am a journalist working with ITV. We are working on a Xmas story about men with gf's or wives in service.
I was wondering if this is something that you might be interested in helping us out with.
Send me an email to laura.garciarb@gmail.com

thanks!
Tab

Re: How do I support my woman in the army?

Post by Tab »

Are You working or will you be the house wife then