Share This Page:

Research help- dealing with spouse/parents serving abroad.

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.

Is a film set in military housing, focusing on a family waiting for the return of a close family member, a story worth telling?

Yes, if dealt with correctly
67%
No, not at all
33%

Total votes: 3

WMCGREOR

Research help- dealing with spouse/parents serving abroad.

Post by WMCGREOR »

Hi,

Im a young filmmaker with previous nominations at the Kyiv International Film Festival, Warsaw International Film Festival and the BAFTA's.

I am currently working on a short film which focuses on what its like to live in a military community. The film will look at dealing with your parents or spouse being away for long periods of time, serving in the Army, Navy or RAF.

The film is in a very embryonic state, there is as yet no script, just a haze of an idea that i am hoping to clarify with research in order to develop a genuine and authentic film.

So if you live in military housing, or know of anyone with parents or friends who do. Then please get in touch as I would very much appreciate hearing from you. I rely need your help to make this film and ensure that i am making an authentic and justified narrative.

Please either message me or send me an email to willrdmc[at]hotmail[dot]com

Thanks for your time,

Will McGregor

P.S I live in Farnham, so it would be great to hear from anyone in either RAF Farnborough or Aldershot Army Barracks.