Share This Page:

How to proposition the boss?

Discussions about the Royal Auxiliary Air Force.
Boney_Gildroy

How to proposition the boss?

Post by Boney_Gildroy »

Hi, Im really interested in joining the RAuxAF as a Regiment Gunner with 609 Squadron West Riding. Im just wondering on which order to start the application:

A. Tell the boss im interested, then start the application process.
B. Kick start the application process and then tell the boss so he knows im serisous about joining.

Just intersted in hearing from anyone from the Reserve, past or present, who has 'been there done that'. Do you think taking some information from SaBRE will help?

Any help would be great, cheers.
Boney_Gildroy

Post by Boney_Gildroy »

Anyone?
Boney_Gildroy

Post by Boney_Gildroy »

Cheers guys......
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

I'd look at company policy too. I don't know if it's law or not, but my company has a policy in place that if you are a member of the TA or a similar organisation, your manager has to accept 2 weeks a year for training or other purposes related to your commitments.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

As Jab has touched on slighty, and I can confirm, employment sector legislation clearly states that an employer MUST allow his/her employees to fulfil TA duties. Such has been the case since at least the early 80s.

Ex- II Sqn
Boney_Gildroy

Post by Boney_Gildroy »

Sorry for the late reply havnt had access to the web in a while. Thanks for the replies, really good gen helpful to go on with.

Im currently working as a Mechanic in a dealership which is privatly owned so there is no company policy for TA/Auxillary duties and no employee under the current boss has ever served/joined. Does the Legislation that London Boy mentioned still apply to me? I know the simple answer is to simply as the boss himself, but id still like to reinforce the fact that im serious about joining. Also how often are the RAuxAF deployed? Im guessing at the moment as regulary as the squadron they are attached to?

Cheers again guys Boney_gildroy