Share This Page:

UAV Operator

Discussions about the Territorial Army.
sterion66

UAV Operator

Post by sterion66 »

Hey guys

Does anyone know how long the training is for this if your joining the TA? I can only find information on the regular army UAV operator. Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Hello, Ask all the questions you like to the people on the link bellow, their recruiters so no fowl language or text talk or becoming idle for to long as they are known to close chat boxes.

http://www.armyonline.mod.uk/

Click on GO, fill out all the details, add your email if you want to receive a transcript of the conversation, this is buy far the easiest/most accurate way to get information you want.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

Ive just been onto the Army online website to speak to somebody about joining the TA as a UAV operator and was told that the TA do not have any UAV units. On the army jobs it does say that you can become a UAV operator in the TA? Can anybody tell me if it is possible or not?
kweowusu

Post by kweowusu »

High Flyer wrote:Ive just been onto the Army online website to speak to somebody about joining the TA as a UAV operator and was told that the TA do not have any UAV units. On the army jobs it does say that you can become a UAV operator in the TA? Can anybody tell me if it is possible or not?
I think 104 Regiment RA(V) is what you may be looking for. Why the fascination with UAV if I may ask?
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

Thanks, I will take a look at that. I am working as a commercial pilot on small charter aircraft and think that my flying knowledge may make me usefull in the UAV role. Don't get me wrong, I want to join the TA first and foremost but think I may be best suited to a flying/aviation related area.
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

I could be wrong but flying a plane and controlling a UAV may have a slightly varied feel to it. My answer to the TA UAV situation was no they don't do it. Regular royal artillery is fully subscribed too.
adamb

Post by adamb »

jstagg wrote:Hello, Ask all the questions you like to the people on the link bellow, their recruiters so no fowl language or text talk or becoming idle for to long as they are known to close chat boxes.

http://www.armyonline.mod.uk/

Click on GO, fill out all the details, add your email if you want to receive a transcript of the conversation, this is buy far the easiest/most accurate way to get information you want.
Hi josh you ok mate? See you at Catterick a few times in your pretty beret lol, you still hanging in? Must be on week 17 or 18 now?