Share This Page:

TA Fitness / legal Advice

Discussions about the Territorial Army.
Leslie-RMLY-

TA Fitness / legal Advice

Post by Leslie-RMLY- »

Hiya All

Looking for some advice really. Been in the TA what 18 Months now. When I joined I wasnt the fittest in the world but had masses of enthusiasm to learn and get fit.

When i say wasnt the fittist i mean my BPFA/BFT/PFT however you no it as, wasnt that bad timeings wise i mean i was 12ish mins for the run 30ish situps and push ups. I no not the best in the world but a good starting platform.

My girlf (a self employed photographer) however fell pregenant and also developed a lapsed disc in her lower back which meant 9 months of pure hell but it was worth it. During her preganancy I got through my CMSR/ATR but then had to take about 5 months off mainly due to misses not being able to walk . It go more complex when after the birth not only could she not walk and work but she came down with real bad postnatal.
To cust a long story short the TA had to take a backseat as i was under alot of pressure.

When i came back in jan/07 i my fittness had suffered dramacticly as i lost all motivation due to the above to as it was hard nuff to keep my head in one place never mind my body.
Anyhow I was now so far off the mark for PFT it was unreal and i got back squaded due to my fittness and was told i had 6 months to sort myself out or i was out pretty much. I was a little dis-heartened but i knew what i had to do.
I started training running most days cycling and going to the gym 4-5 times a week and still am now.

Anyway to the point of all this. Im now being told after 2 months in that im not trying hard enough and that they may have to let me go.
This has really disheartened me as i no i have been trying and my missus has been supporting me coz she nos its what i want. When i asked were i stand they just say well we will have to speak to WO2 and see what he says.

Where do i stand in all this?? I mean i tip in everyweek i go on every weekend and i put 101% into the TA surely they cant just kick me out coz of this minor set back.

I no this is a long one sorry guys.
Scooby

Re: TA Fitness / legal Advice

Post by Scooby »

Put in for a transfer to another regiment sharpish mate ;)
Chester

Post by Chester »

Sounds to me like they have taken a dislike to you...

You are 2 months into your 6 month 'improvement plan' and they want to bin you ? Do they know you've been training etc. ? Could you demonstrate your fitness has improved since your last test ?

You need to speak to your WOII sharpish....
[color=white].[/color]
When not awake, I am often found asleep
Leslie-RMLY-

Post by Leslie-RMLY- »

Yep my fitness has improved i mean b4 it wasnt full standard but hadnt been in long and there was room for improvement.

I did the PFT 2 months ago and died on my butt. Im mean died im talking 17 min run 20 push ups and 23 situps. Didnt realise how much my fittness level had dropped in just those months i was off.

Now 2 months later im running in 14 mins 34 push ups 35 situps.

Again not a good standard but better plus should still have 4 months to get fitter.

Tomorrow is D day for me really and if am honest i aint looking forward to it coz i dont no what am gunna do if they say im out. Surely they should take my circumstances into account.

The Training Captian once said to me the TA is about balance between TA life and your own work and family life.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

There are plenty of TA units around and they're crying out for recruits so if they don't want you look else where.

Chances are they believe you're messing them about cause you can't be bothered and are using your home life as an excuse, it's bad I know but lots of guys do use it as an excuse and it mucks it up for the genuine cases.

However if they do bin you when you go to a different TA regiment just explain your situation to them, make sure you've improved your fitness and they will more than likely over look the fact you didn't make it through this course.
Leslie-RMLY-

Post by Leslie-RMLY- »

Cheers fellas

Im in tonight so will see what happens and let you no fingers crossed
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Bottom line is that there has to be a standard. One standard for all. Sounds like they're aleady giving you a break by giving you time to get yourself sorted out. I'd say the rest is up to you. Six months is a very long time to get fit. They were very lenient on you. In the two months you aluded to, with a modicum of drive, you should have been back into reasonable shape, already.

It's not a baby-sitting service, it's the army. My advise would be to either do yourself a favour and sort yourself out or do your unit a favour and move on!
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Honestly I don't get the point of him whining on an internet forum about it anyway, he knows what the score is get fit or give it up.

Too lazy to get fit? then give it up. Just wanting some motivational chit chat? Forget it and be self-disciplined. Rejoice in the hardship turn it into fun!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Farking fat STAB coont, get a bergen on ya back and get out on the hills. :evil:

Lost motivation my arse, your're just a useless twat. :roll:

Enough motivation for you fella? 8)

Always count on me to give a helping hand :P .....usually a swift one across the face, my Mrs likes that.................. wont swallow though :cry:
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

wont swallow though
get her to try gargleing :wink:

He is a useless twat, that`s a second opinion 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

harry hackedoff wrote:
He is a useless twat, that`s a second opinion 8)
I was trying to be nice.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Whether he's lazy or not if he's telling the truth about his personal life then there's no need to insult him it must be hard enough to have to deal with all that everyday without having people insult you for no reason.

If you don't like what he said or just think he's a usless twat then it'd be better all round to just keep it to yourself.

My sister suffered from postnatal depression and it's not nice and puts a huge strain on the family so it's hardly suprising that he took his eye off the ball.

What's the point in slagging him off it doesn't really serve any purpose does it?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Your a twat aswell then :roll:
RA_Tom

Post by RA_Tom »

17 mins is appalling. There is a standard, as a fit and motivated "STAB coont" I am glad to see the tubby drinking club biffas get binned, its my reputation they're damaging. However it seems his unit are being a bit odd, or we havent heard the full story.

Hope the PND is sorted, seems like you have prioritised quite sensibly.

Ubique

Tom
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Alfa wrote: What's the point in slagging him off it doesn't really serve any purpose does it?
No point indeed, that said I'm sure he knows his options and what he must do or just not bother, so why he posted what he did on an internet forum I have no idea.

Ultimately motivation begins and ends with the self. Maybe he can find someone in a similar boat and they can get fitter together, that would help, you know shared misery and all that :D