Share This Page:

Australian Involvement in Gulf 2

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Wholley

Australian Involvement in Gulf 2

Post by Wholley »

How popular is John Howard with Oz voters?
Is he going through the same opposition sniping as Bush and Blair?
I get the Sydney Morning Herald online,but all their talking about is Ruggers(Not saying that's a bad thing of course).
How many ,if any casualties did the ADF suffer?
We get almost no news of our allies here.
At least this American is concerned about you guys.
Wholley.
:o
df2inaus

Australian involvement in Gulf War 2

Post by df2inaus »

I followed events from the Aussie perspective as best I could from the start of the war. You would be lead to believe talking to Aussies my age that Howard doesn't deserve to be PM. Much the same lame arguments like in the US, where seven-figure lefties like Michael Moore claim Bush isn't really the President etc. There were large demonstrations in major cities, but they tended to degenerate into rioting.

Many young Australians (and especially their professors) hate Howard for, among other things, due to his support for the Monarchist side in the referendum (1999), refusal to pander to refugees who were not refugees (2000's), not removing the Union Jack from their flag (perpetual) and not settling the Aboriginal people's problems. Please note that left-of-centre Paul Keating, the previous PM, achieved none of their demands, either.

If I'm correct, Oz emerged from GW2 with no service deaths. F-18 fighters were used in bombing missions, the SAS went behind the lines as did 4 RAR Commandos. The navy was limited to a mine-sweeping role, again, I may not be correct.

Check out the archives here: http://www.smh.com.au/ if you haven't already!
"Poor Ike, it won't be a bit like the Army. He'll find it very frustrating. He'll sit here and he'll say, 'Do this! Do that!' And nothing will happen."
Harry Truman
shona123

Re: Australian Involvement in Gulf 2

Post by shona123 »

If I'm correct, Oz emerged from GW2 with no service deaths. F-18 fighters were used in bombing missions, the SAS went behind the lines as did 4 RAR Commandos. The navy was limited to a mine-sweeping role, again, I may not be correct.

We provide guarantee to pass CAS-001 - transcender with online exam training E10-001 - braindumps - dump and Nova Southeastern University you can also get coloradotech.edu along with pba for your guaranteed success.