Share This Page:

Army Air Corps

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
HillVictor

Army Air Corps

Post by HillVictor »

I've been asked by a buddy to come on here and ask if any of you guys know what NVQs you can get in the AAC because in the careers guide he has it just says "NVQs in airport ramp services". It's not very specific.
Guardian of The Wall

Post by Guardian of The Wall »

It says in the careers guide in the "Logistics" section that you'll get NVQ level 2 in airport ramp services.
C4

Post by C4 »

Guardian of The Wall wrote:You'll get NVQ level 2 in airport ramp services.
Which is crap.
HillVictor

Post by HillVictor »

Cheers Guardian! :)
BigStevie

Post by BigStevie »

If it gets you a cushy job waving table tennis bats at aircraft for £300 a week, then that is not crap to me.

How many NVQ2s have you got C4?
C4

Post by C4 »

BigStevie wrote:If it gets you a cushy job waving table tennis bats at aircraft for £300 a week, then that is not crap to me.
Yeah but you'd get that (waving table tennis bats) in the RAF. The army is fighting with helicopters so the groundcrew arm and refuel them which will probably lead to them getting experience in chucking bags into a 747 at Heathrow airport. :lol:
BigStevie

Post by BigStevie »

Talk about what you know - even in active service helicopters have to be marshalled.

And these days, not just anyone can "chuck bags into a 747 at Heathrow"....
gtsco

Post by gtsco »

I'm in basic training just now and one of our section commanders is AAC and he didn't have any cushy jobs when he was in Iraq from what he and the other section commanders tell us, He got into some pretty fierce fighting from the sounds of things and, as my troop's always told, there is no front line anymore - you need to be able to fight whether you're para, rmp, agc, int corps etc.
BigStevie

Post by BigStevie »

gtsco - C4 has been told that before and many other things, but he refuses to listen or learn. He's opened his mouth to change feet so many times I think he is an effing centipede.

My comment about 'cushy' referred to skills transferring to civvy street.
gtsco

Post by gtsco »

Ah right, yeah I imagine it would be a cushy job when you went back to civvy st. As for C4 I dont read many posts or topics so I know little about him. :D
HillVictor

Post by HillVictor »

gtsco wrote:Ah right, yeah I imagine it would be a cushy job when you went back to civvy st. As for C4 I dont read many posts or topics so I know little about him. :D
Wouldn't worry. You're not missing anything. :lol:
HillVictor

Post by HillVictor »

Your not missing anything at all! I am C4! Pleased to meet you! :)

Colin