Share This Page:

Did you fight in Afghanistan?

General information on Military History.
Roz

Did you fight in Afghanistan?

Post by Roz »

I am a producer on the breakfast show at LBC radio and am looking for a soldier who fought in Afghanistan to talk to our presenter. Kelvin McKenzie is in for Nick Ferrari this week and he wants to talk about whether the high mortality rate among soldiers is affecting operations and morale. If you could spare 5 minutes on tomorrow morning (Tuesday 17th July) on the phone please e mail me rosalind.levine@lbc.co.uk or call on 07739 965 221 or 0207 314 7344.

Many thanks

Roz
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

Maybe Kelvin can finally apologise for writing those horrible lies after Hillsborough eh?

That man is a c*nt of the highest order, anyone who thinks of ringing that show should read up on exactly what type of person MacKenzie is.

JFT 96
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Good effort Stu, beat me to it. 8)
That fat lying bastard wants pulling through with razor wire.

I hope you enjoy working with the fat useless cnut, Roz.
You couldn`t piss on him for me could you? Because I wouldn`t piss on him if he was on fire.
I might warm me hands though 8)
____________________________Image
Ex-Sun editor: I was right on Hillsborough

FORMER Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie yesterday revealed "I was not sorry then and I'm not sorry now" for the paper's infamous coverage of the Hillsborough disaster.
Speaking at a business lunch, he told more than 100 guests he had only apologised to the people of Liverpool because the newspaper's owner Rupert Murdoch had ordered him to.
And he insisted the Sun had only been reporting "the truth" when it accused Liverpool fans caught in the terrace crush of urinating on the dead and stealing from bodies. Mr MacKenzie was guest speaker at the annual lunch of Newcastle law firm Mincoffs LLP.
A source told the Daily Post: "There was a question and answer session and someone asked him if he went to Liverpool much.
"He said: 'All I did wrong there was tell the truth. There was a surge of Liverpool fans who had been drinking and that is what caused the disaster.
'The only thing different we did was put it under the headline 'The Truth'.
'I went on the World at One the next day and apologised. I only did that because Rupert Murdoch told me to. I wasn't sorry then and I'm not sorry now because we told the truth.' "
The source added: "He then compared people in the city to animal rights protesters and told an anecdote about a time when he visited the city and got in a taxi.
"He said the driver was talking about The Sun and said if he ever had Kelvin McKenzie in his taxi he would kill him.
"Then he said if the things he had said today got out he was sure the whole thing would blow up again."

and later, from the same source

MANY on the Sun itself were unhappy with what MacKenzie was doing.
In their history of The Sun, Stick It Up Your Punter, Chris Horrie and Peter Chippendale wrote: "As MacKenzie's lay-out was seen by more people, a collective shudder ran through the office, but MacKenzie's dominance was so total there was nobody left in the organisation who could rein him in except [Rupert] Murdoch. They seemed paralysed, 'like rabbits in the headlights' as one hack described them.
"The error staring them in the face was too glaring."
Unquote

Kenny Dalglish said Mckenzie rang him and asked what he(Mckenzie) could to to sort it out. "Print an equal sized headline saying WE LIED"
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

Well done Harry, that man makes my blood boil and is responsible for untold amounts of mental anguish of hillsborough victim's families and survivors.

I hope you know what kind of a person that man is now, Roz.
aspinall

Post by aspinall »

f@#k hate that geezer ill arange a meeting with him he can meet my little friend 'stanley'