Share This Page:

WWII, why would my grandad have had three uniforms?

Require help and assistance, please ask?
Pentoon

WWII, why would my grandad have had three uniforms?

Post by Pentoon »

Hi,

Throughout his life my grandad never told us anything about his war service apart from the fact that he'd been on the Arctic at some point and (in his typically understated way) that he also went to some little islands, and if they found any Japanese people there, they'd ask them to leave then build an airstrip.

I'm not even sure which of the forces he was in, as my dad recalls him having three uniforms, one each from the army, navy and airforce. Sadly he passed on twenty years ago, which was a huge loss, as he was genuinely a true gentleman. We have approached the MOD several times for his war records, but they won't release any info about the operations he was involved in. I was wondering if anyone here could shed any light on why he had those three uniforms? He was an intelligent man, a builder by trade, but also very skilled with electronics and computers (we were the only working class family I knew of in the eighties who had three computers, because he kept getting his hands on broken ones, fixing them and passing them on to us!), he was also an excellent mechanic and artist (but I don't think that last but is very relevant).

Any insight into why he had three uniforms would be hugely appreciated, as I was very close to my grandad, and would dearly love to get to know him better, even though he's no longer with us.
Tab

Re: WWII, why would my grandad have had three uniforms?

Post by Tab »

During WW 2 any thing was possible. If write to Army Records then for a small sum get his military record and that might just explain what went on The Army records are in Glasgow, The rest of the addresses you can look up on the net, but go for the army one first and you of you have his Numbers that will help
huezang

Re: WWII, why would my grandad have had three uniforms?

Post by huezang »

During WW 2 any thing was possible. If write to Army Records then for a small sum get his military record and that might just explain what went on The Army records are in Glasgow, The rest of the addresses you can look up on the net, but go for the army one first and you of you have his Numbers that will help
We offer best quality Testking cpa exam results test papers and Testking gmat test sample dumps materials. You can get our 100% guaranteed questions ju to help you in passing the real exam. Brandeis University