Share This Page:

Conure's Bike Advice

Require help and assistance, please ask?
conure

Post by conure »

hehe, I was just kidding..Having a joke about how the Busa is faster than the blackbird.
I wish I did have one, don't even have a full bike licence at the moment, I'm hoping to get one after I finish phase 1 up at catterick, I would have my licence but someone nicked and smashed my honda CG125 to pieces a week before my test was booked! :evil:

Oh yeah actually, I need a little advice..I need a bike that won't be hugely expensive insurance wise, and that will do the extremely long journey from catterick to kent with no reliability issues, I've been told to check out the CBR600 and the Fazer 600, what do you think? (Bearing in mind I'm 19 years old..
(Sorry to go so off topic!)

Cheers
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Fact is the Hayabusa is faster than the blackbird.
Go back a few years, Honda released the Blackbird sporting a 1100cc engine, fastest bike at its time.
But Suzuki had to go one step ahead and release the Hayabusa sporting a 1300cc engine.
Hayabusa translates to Falcon.
And in the real world of birds, a Falcon eats Blackbirds. ;)

If you can afford the insurance a Fazer would serve you well.
Cant beat a Honda for reliability, but anything too sporty will cost.
Or even better, consider a old 400 sports bike as a first bike.
Maybe a VFR400. ;)

Goodluck. :)
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

Sticky, Whenever have you ever seen a biker, doing less than 70 on the open road.!! I think it is a mindset thing. Overtaking on the middle lane of a two lane highway! "Undertaking" when it suits them etc. etc.
I spoke to a biker friend of mine once, shortly after he had bought a new bike. He said it could do 175 mph. and had proved it. When I asked him where, he said the Ferndown by-pass.
The Ferndown by-pass is about 4 miles long with a roundabout in the middle and a very busy road to boot!!!
I rest my case M'lud.
Sneaky
Former RM of 23 years.
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

Im planning on a CBR600-RR in a year or so. It will be used to travel 160M trips, occasionally. I will have a car for most of the time!

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/Disp ... #focusHere

Post by Guest »

One of my mates got a Hornet, one a Fazer a few years ago. They were both happy with them but the Fazer is starting to look a bit worn and my mate is looking for a change, but the Hornet just keeps going and looks as good as new.
mathilda

CBR600

Post by mathilda »

My last bike was a CBR600 and although I am much older than you and hence paid less insurance it cost me a fortune compared to my off roader. My CBR was nicked twice within 11 months and the terribly smug people at the insurance company had great pleasure in telling me it was "the most stolen model of any motorcycle in the UK Madam" ( I hate it when they call you "Madam") :evil: which is why my premiums went through the roof! Nice bike tho..reliable, didn't rust, reliable.. maybe a little too reliable.. i.e. dull??? Ride safe! :D
Cliodna

Post by Cliodna »

Yep got to agree...the CBR6 is reliable, but highly nickable :(
The other half had one of his CBRs nicked from outside my work. He'd only nipped in for 5 mins to get the cash from me for his Road Tax cos he'd just got back from Bosnia, and the disk was out of date!! Oh the irony of it all!!!

I've got a Yam FZR400 at the mo...its old, but can still whoop the big boys :wink: Its a wee bit twitchy, but that all adds to the fun....doesn't it??? :wink: :lol:

I had a Honda VFR400 before. It was a reliable bike, typical Honda I suppose.
The brakes were a bit shyte though when I got it, to the point of being down right scarey.

My Yam came with Brembos so I was laughing kitbags.

The other half has a Crescent Suzuki Gixxer 1000 Rizla Race Rep. It is like the proverbial off the shovel.....I wouldn;t advise getting one of them as your first bike :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

note i plan on getting the RR model, and not the F-sport