Share This Page:

Tax Cuts for the lads

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Mike

Tax Cuts for the lads

Post by Mike »

Oh aint it marvellous how MPs and PMs start snivelling when the chips seem to be dipping or when they feel that the electorate need to have their attention diverted …

Our esteme PM has now offered the armed services all that they need to carry on in Afghanistan and Iraq !! He now tells us that our lads are the best but that the Taliban are now fighting back hard and we need to do the same…….

Funny how forgetful these MPs are ! It was not so long ago that John Reed stated that our lads would be in and out of Afghanistan in a couple of month without a shot fired!! Hmmmmmmm.

Now for the next revelation… He wants Gordon Brown to make all those in Active Service exempt tax… Oh Yeah! And how does he intend to do that before he runs out of steam….

Please excuse me for being a tad cynical….but is he still trying to get brownie points for when they write him into the history books!
Perhaps the PM could consider the following as well:

Decent Kit and weapons.
Decent transport
Decent Pay rise, above the minimum wage
Decent Tax cuts for all servicemen, no matter where they serve
Decent active service payment.
Decent married accommodation
Decent support for the wounded, dedicated military hospitals and staff
Decent family support especially for those who have lost a member of the family
Decent veterans support

Funny as I look at the above list it appears to me that most of the items there are well catered for by most countries of the world who have a fighting force… Bliar states that our lads are the finest in the world…..So why the Fark are they not treated as the finest….............

Words Mr Blair….. Just Hollow words meant to impress…. And impressing no one…. We can all see through you for what you are…… an unconvincing Liar

Aye
Moke
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Ahoy there Mike!
I don't what you are on about! Surely our Prime Minister is a good and decent chap, and even if he did occasionally make the odd error of judgement, surely his wonderful wife would correct him and set him straight long before it ever had the chance of affecting the electorate. Besides which I don't believe the man is capable of telling an untruth.

Yours Aye

Elvis Presley
Broadmoor
Foxtricks

Post by Foxtricks »

We are getting pay cuts no more LSSA/LSSB thats all stopped this month, we only recieve it now when we are deployed...
Some people mainly matlos with a lot of sea service are getting cuts of £400 a month...

I have just returned from an 8 month tour and now we are getting cuts...
Cheers Tony...

Almighty Foxtricks.......
terryrat

Post by terryrat »

Ha Ha :lol: you got to hand it too Blair billyliar he can talk the talk, pity you poor buggers in the mob cos he sure as hell cant walk the walk :evil: he will never stop feeding the bullshit hes been getting away with it too long now 8) he has no need to worry big pension full protection for life hes got it sussed :wink: really glad im not in now with a total tosser like him running it
CSMRM

Post by CSMRM »

Ref this one, loads of gossip at the mo regarding pay, tax exemption being one of them, I can't see it happening as it will be so devisive, you will have guy's who will be bouncing onto evey op going but also lads stuck in jobs where they cant deploy, also will it be back-dated lots of lads (me included) have been on every op the corps has been involved with over the last few years. i do think that basic pay will be going up next year though as this particular snowball is growing in size daily!
Artist

Post by Artist »

Prior to Maggie getting in I was on 170 a month after tax and accom was taken away. The then Labour Government then gave us all a nice 12% pay increase before the election.

Maggie came in and we than got a whopping 23% pay increase. I really proffed mind as I got made up to CPL as well so from nought I seemed to be the dogs bollox ref dosh. But as per usual the next pay increase was about 2% and the next and the next until I was so it seemed as worse of as I was when I was on 170 a month.

Service pay has always been shite as far as I'm concerned and I dare say will stay that way more is the pity. B'liar as has been said talks big but does nought when it come to the forces. So I for one don't reckon much is going to be done in the near future meself.

Artist
druadan

Post by druadan »

We heard a rumour out here that it's now been confirmed that lads who do more than six months on ops will get their tax back. Anyone shed any light on it? Dit was that it was to be back-dated til April so that the Paras can claim it as well, and that they'd get it back in the next couple of months? That's a nice extra bonus if it's true...
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

druadan wrote:We heard a rumour out here that it's now been confirmed that lads who do more than six months on ops will get their tax back. Anyone shed any light on it? Dit was that it was to be back-dated til April so that the Paras can claim it as well, and that they'd get it back in the next couple of months? That's a nice extra bonus if it's true...
Yes the Tax rebate is going to be back dated from April 1st according to the news last night so yes the paras will be getting it I think they said it was worth about £2400 for a private IIRC.
Fwd 5

Post by Fwd 5 »

Its not quite as simple as just getting your tax back.
It will be a tax free payment of £2240 for a six month tour regardless of rank and therefore of how much tax you pay. If you earn less than about £22k this is a better deal than a simple refund of tax, if you earn more than that, it is not as good. Either way it is a pretty good deal.
If you do more or less than six months you will get the allowance for the time you do.(works out about £12.24 per day in theatre) The new allowance will be paid to those in Afganistan, Iraq and Balkans. It will be backdated to April 2006.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Thanks for that, we just got the gen dit from the top last night, as above post. Nice little bonus when we get home anyhow :P :drinking:
Foxtricks

Post by Foxtricks »

YEAH!!! Show me the money or atleast half of it.... Fancy starting the date at April eh!! Thanks again Tony.....

Foxtricks...
Forever seen off by pusser....
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

2240 squid....happy with that 8)
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

What is the betting that the standard tour to Iraq/Afghanistan will be reduced to 5 months.
No tax relief then!!
Or is that just me, being cynical?
Sneaky
Former RM of 23 years.
got1

Post by got1 »

[quote="sneaky beaky"]What is the betting that the standard tour to Iraq/Afghanistan will be reduced to 5 months.
No tax relief then!!
Or is that just me, being cynical?
Sneaky[/quote]

I don't think so.
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

They will be reduced to 4 month tours so i hear.
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!