Share This Page:

RT Admin - What to take and Random Questions

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
marine101

Post by marine101 »

when can you first go into exeter??
got to Week 7 and left :(
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

on the first weekend normally.
Dont go spending loads of money on kit before you get down there, you wont know exactly what you need. Wait till your told by the training team. eg, your given a bivvy pole, if you turn up with an extra you dont know what the training teams gonna be like and they could rip you to shreds for it. Half of you probably dont know what the plastic bags are for and how big they need to be. You have a chance to go into town and get all your kit or even in the naffi.
As long as you have a really good iron you cant go wrong.
"The only time you should start worrying about a soldier is when they stop bitchin'."
Congrats 946Trp
jezb

Post by jezb »

In the little handbook you are given after prmc it mentions a map case, is it worth taking one? Have one already if its worth taking.

Also it says about some stationary, do we need this lot as well?
rt 10/09/2007
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

yea mate, take your map case, unless you want to read a soggy map while its pissing rain on exercise, everyone who goes needs to take one and on top of that for stationary when i went i was issued with pretty much everything i needed with pens, pencils, markers, and all that crap.
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...
Lillelj

Post by Lillelj »

What the hell are 'twisties' and what would i need them for?

Thanks.
Another foreigner...figures.

Passed out. 25th of July 2008!
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

Twisties are another name for trouser elastics.

http://www.singersoutdoors.co.uk/showpr ... 24/131/0/0
Jiml mix it

Post by Jiml mix it »

I start RT on the 19th of November and in the recruit booklet it says to take a bucket, but my AFCO said don't take one because I'll look like a numpty arriving with one. What did you lads who have already been down there do? Shall I bother taking one? Cheers
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Jiml mix it wrote:I start RT on the 19th of November and in the recruit booklet it says to take a bucket, but my AFCO said don't take one because I'll look like a numpty arriving with one. What did you lads who have already been down there do? Shall I bother taking one? Cheers
No, don't take a bucket - ours were supplied for us.
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]
Jiml mix it

Post by Jiml mix it »

I haven't got access to a scanner Tartan_Terrier but in in my recruit handbook page 2 (preparation before arriving at CTCRM) it says in the first three weeks of training I will receive instructions on how to maintain kit and in order to do this I will need several items.

a.boot polish and brushes
b.plastic bucket
c.clothes hangers
d.sewing kit
e.good quality steam iron

I was just unsure whether to take these items with me as certain items on that list are ones I would think I would use right from day one, steam iron, clothes hangers etc.
JCAP3 thanks for your reply.
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

Fair enough.

As to the clothes hangers, see if you can hold of some trouser hangers too.

Like this:

ofens

Post by ofens »

A3 size Resealable bags...
Does anyone know where you can get these from? I've tried all over the place, art shops, stationery shops, EBay...!
Found everything up to A4 size but no one seems to do any bigger!
I realize it's not essential but I like to try and be prepared.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

ofens wrote:A3 size Resealable bags...
Does anyone know where you can get these from? I've tried all over the place, art shops, stationery shops, EBay...!
Found everything up to A4 size but no one seems to do any bigger!
I realize it's not essential but I like to try and be prepared.
A3? I must have made a typo somewhere. A5 size Resealable bags for loose items such as maps, torches, compass etc - anything over A4 starts to become a pain the the arse.

Don't quote me on that though, you certainly wont need anything bigger for the starting stages of training and even if you do, the sgt will point you in the right direction to a place in Exeter.
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]