Share This Page:

Went to army recruitment office but i dont know???

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
johnk90

Went to army recruitment office but i dont know???

Post by johnk90 »

Hey everyone so i went to the army recruitment office about joining the TA i was given a pack and i have filled some of it out also i was given a training guide so i started on level 1 today and it killed me now and again i had to stop running to revive my self and then start running again and that was a 20 minute run also i can do no more than 2 push ups i did not realize how unfit i was as i am on my feet walking all day in my job and i cycle there and back to work with little effort will i even notice much difference on this training program or am i too unfit to even consider it maybe i need to buy some dumb bells to work on my muscles for push ups and even though i have a application pack could i train for 2 months then go back and send in my application when i am ready? or would i just be best off going to a gym? :( or does my application just go through and then i do my medical and they will train me up gradually even if i am unfit, unlike the regular army? any help on this thanks?
Millar

Re: Went to army recruitment office but i dont know???

Post by Millar »

A few people have asked a similar question to you recently and my advice to you is the same to them, make your application now if that's what you want and then work on your fitness while you go through the rather lengthy application process, you can stop and start the application between stages if you don't feel upto it or you feel you need more time, so just get your name down and then after speaking to a Careers Officer talk with them about progressing onto the next stage and length of time needed before you do move onto said stage.

By the sounds of it you should be fine, nobody starts the fitness program and does well, it's supposed to push you, following that program will be challenging and difficult but if you stick at it and simply try your best you will see a huge difference rather quickly :)

Best of luck with your application, keep us posted on your progress.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Lets just say your fitness is all down to you, and you really want to do it if you want succeed
johnk90

Post by johnk90 »

Millar wrote:A few people have asked a similar question to you recently and my advice to you is the same to them, make your application now if that's what you want and then work on your fitness while you go through the rather lengthy application process, you can stop and start the application between stages if you don't feel upto it or you feel you need more time, so just get your name down and then after speaking to a Careers Officer talk with them about progressing onto the next stage and length of time needed before you do move onto said stage.

By the sounds of it you should be fine, nobody starts the fitness program and does well, it's supposed to push you, following that program will be challenging and difficult but if you stick at it and simply try your best you will see a huge difference rather quickly :)

Best of luck with your application, keep us posted on your progress.
Ok will do and thanks for the reply mate.