Share This Page:

TA Failed entries

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
Soldier_Girl

TA Failed entries

Post by Soldier_Girl »

Hi All

I've recently submitted my "Application of interest" to the TA, and hope that I am eligible to join, in which case, I'd be ecstatic!
I have been training for the last 6 months, to improve my upper body strength, and improve my fitness level as well. I spend roughly 3 hours at the gym every day (5-6 days a week). I don't think the fitness test will be too much of a problem for me.
I'd also consider myself a semi-intelligent :o person, so I don't think the BARB (correct?) will be too much of a problem either.
However, I'm sure things have gone wrong for people who have been in a stronger position than I consider myself to be in, and I don't doubt for a second that I could be rejected in a heartbeat.

The reason for my post, is to get some feedback as to some of the reasons why some people may have been rejected when they have applied, just so that I know what I need to be aware of.

I'm aware of the medical conditions that would automatically exclude you, but am interested in some of the other "unexpected" reasons for rejection.

SG
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Have seen from another post, that you want CMT???
You wont get it due to your Vetting unless you have been in the country for five years and that is both Reg and TA.
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

I have been here for 6 years now. 2 years on a working holiday visa, and 4 years on a work permit.

And yes, I'm interested in applying as a CMT.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Then you should be fine see my other post
PM me if you have any questions
Maddog33

Re: TA Failed entries

Post by Maddog33 »

Passed Territorial Interview 1 & 2 Flying colours....
Totally honest during all answers.
Interview 3 : Fail for review in 3 months.
A)Why: I told them I was going through a divorce.
They said they wld put me on hold for 3 months to sort myself out. I said that I was not affected by my divorce and had gotten the split from my wife....
B) Told them that as a result of divorce I was obtaining advice on debt management - IVA.
Have not entered into an IVA involuntery arrangement yet.

Is this right, I asked them to give me a chance based on my performance, not what was on paper. I have no criminal record, passed my medical & hearing test A1.

Can anyone advise please.
So much for being honest......
Maddog