Share This Page:

TA service

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
mitch_boxing

TA service

Post by mitch_boxing »

Hi,

Does anyone know when your 3 years service to the TA becomes official? I am still in the process of applying, second lot of application forms. I havent had a medical, been attested, had a fitness test or handed my vaccination check into my GP. Is it still possible to leave at this point?

Cheers,

Mitch
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Its possible to leave at any point, most of the TA (unless mobilised) is a volunteer force, hence the (V).

I don't want to sound harsh but is this not the sort of thing someone would want to find out before enlisting?
SP

The line between BS and PC is thin and blurry
Bitty

Post by Bitty »

I heard you can leave any time within 3 years as long as you go out on a OP within that peroid
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

yep you can leave at any point as long as you give your gear back.

how comes you're leaving?
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october
mitch_boxing

re

Post by mitch_boxing »

Im thinking of leaving because I dont think I want to take the risk of getting deployed whilst in full time education. They say you can get a deferal if your in full time ed but I was speaking to an online afco and they kept saying that you can be deployed if you are trained up, although there are circumstances where you may seek deferal.

The problem is, they never tell you how easy it is to get a deferal. I am thinking of joining up again, when im near to the end of my personal training award, that way I will have completed all of my qualifications before I go into the TA. To be honest, I just want to complete basic soldier training, and then join marines. I just hope I can get discharged from the TA when it comes to that time of going into RM.

Thanks for your help,

Mitch
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

you can't be deployed while in full time education, unless we were being invaded in which case im sure you would be.
mitch_boxing

Post by mitch_boxing »

you can't be deployed while in full time education, unless we were being invaded in which case im sure you would be.
Dunno mate, obviously the chances of being deployed in the TA are low. However, there is always that risk of being deployed/mobilised. In some cases you may not be able to get a deferal, who knows.

Cheers,

Mitch
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

mitch_boxing wrote:
Dunno mate, obviously the chances of being deployed in the TA are low. However, there is always that risk of being deployed/mobilised. In some cases you may not be able to get a deferal, who knows.

Cheers,

Mitch
Like Borisimo said. You can't be deployed whilst in full time education except on special circumstances (e.g. Invasion). This was the first thing i asked when making my initial application.

What i was told was when the letter comes through you have several tick boxes at the bottom for refusal on various grounds.

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
mitch_boxing

re

Post by mitch_boxing »

I hope your right sonne :lol: . I might continue with the TA, its either that or boxing :D .

Cheers for the help,

Mitch
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

im 100% sure mitch, as sonne said you will still get a letter through but you can opt out. its one of the most important questions i had about the RMR.
dylanredefined

Post by dylanredefined »

Just hand your kit in.Even bottling it and not turning up for the coach to the plane for iraq had little comeback apart from the indviduial concerned being binned .