Share This Page:

Advice wanted!!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
stans

Advice wanted!!

Post by stans »

Right guys,
I'm a student teacher and want to join the RMR. My question is can you take a break from the RMR or does the commitment need to be continuous? The reason for asking is that I will finish uni next summer and want to go travelling, obviously making continually service impossible. From reading the posts on here I gather that I will be in some stage of recruit training this time next year, is it possible to take a break for a few months and pick up where I left off? Is it better to wait and start the process when I return or do the RMR allow people to train when they know they will be absent for a period of time? I'm prepared to sit in holding troop for the year as I believe it will help me no end when I return. Any one got any knowledge / experience of this?
Cheers
Tab

Re: Advice wanted!!

Post by Tab »

Finish your teacher training first then join RMR then you will know just how you can fit your training in with your work
Hielan' Laddie

Post by Hielan' Laddie »

Finish your degree. As I'm sure you are aware, RMR training is very hard work. You'll be out usually twice a week (drill night and PT night) and you are expected to do a lot of phys in your own time. At the moment your degree is more important so concentrate on that and join up when you're done.
ofens

Post by ofens »

Agree with above. Don't underestimate the commitment involved with reserve forces, especially with something like RMR where fitness is extremely high.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]