Share This Page:

RMR for a fatty???

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
H-Man

RMR for a fatty???

Post by H-Man »

Right here goes, I'm overweight and in my early thirties and fitness wise not too good. However this wasn't always the case and I know I can get back to my fighting weight. My question is how fit do I have to be to join? I know the training is hard and I really am under no illusions how tough it will be. Will I be expected to be at a certain level before I sign up and if so can someone suggest what that should be. I quite happy to bide my time in a holding troop as I know this will be beneficial to my goal of achieving that green lid.

Also I'm shitting myself with those small waterlogged tunnels on the endurance course. By the time I reach that stage (and I will) I should have lost some weight but i'm quite a big framed chap and a bit worried about getting stuck, has anyone ever got wedged in them and how did they get them out?
_chris

Post by _chris »

This thread recently asked a similar question to yours regarding the tunnels smartie tubes Stix answer in their states: ''I have been running the saftey vehicle on the Endurance course for the last 14 years. I do it about once a week. In that time NOBODY has ever got stuck in the tunnels and NOBODY has ever been judged to big to go into them.''
044hnoor

Re: RMR for a fatty???

Post by 044hnoor »

''I have been running the saftey vehicle on the Endurance course for the last 14 years. I do it about once a week.