Share This Page:

RMR London Holding Troop

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
Beowulf

RMR London Holding Troop

Post by Beowulf »

I am going on Wednesday, who is coming with me?

Borisimo
Chemist
Spetz

C'mon ladies :o
Spetz

Post by Spetz »

I REALLY would like to go, but I've got loads of A-Level exams coming up this week. Is holding troop taking place every wednesday untill selection weekend in July?
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

Im not ready yet, ill probably have to give it a few weeks before I start back I think.
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october
Chemist

Post by Chemist »

Ha ha, nice one. You're sure keen!

Well living in Folkestone I'm hardly local to London, so I'll be attending Chatham when I go back. Not going to be for a while yet though. Last time I did Selection I was in Holding Troop for about 2 months prior. That seemed enough.

Any of your lads planning to attend Chatham? Are we all still on for July Selection?
E5_Man

Post by E5_Man »

What is this troop holding thing?
Before you insult someone, first walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you insult them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

if you search there is plenty of info on it, essentially you attend your local unit and do RMR PT sessions before the selection weekend and learn more about the unit etc while getting application process sorted.

Chemist, myself and beowulf are at bermondesy, cya in july though :D
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october
Chemist

Post by Chemist »

Yeah I thought I wouldn't be seeing you guys until July. Just wondering if there were any lurkers out there thinking of going along to Chatham who haven't made themselves known yet.

I won't be surprised if I'm the only lad at Chatham Holding troop!
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

FTG - Good stuff mate, I think there will be a few of us from MFAT down there. There is only about 6 people in HT currently same amount as when I first joined all the way back in Feb last year! Damn injury.

Numbers will pick up though.

All the best with your op and look forward to seeing around the unit one day.

B
sandam

Processing

Post by sandam »

I'm in the process of applying to the RM (Interview and Medical are tomorrow) and was wondering if I could train with the RMR in London (I live in Greenwich myself) even though I haen't done the PJFT and the PRMC yet. In fact I reckon I could really use the help, a good beasting every week couldn't possibly do anything but good for me.
Application Dec '06
Psychometrics 15/01/2007 - Passed
Eye Test 28/01/07 - Passed (VA1)
Interview 01/02/2007 - Passed
Medical 01/02/2007 - Failed (have to lose 3 kg's)
Medical 2 - ? (Just have to weigh in)
PJFT - ?
PRMC - ?
Beowulf

Re: Processing

Post by Beowulf »

sandam wrote:I'm in the process of applying to the RM (Interview and Medical are tomorrow) and was wondering if I could train with the RMR in London (I live in Greenwich myself) even though I haen't done the PJFT and the PRMC yet. In fact I reckon I could really use the help, a good beasting every week couldn't possibly do anything but good for me.
Crack on dude, give the Recruitment NCO a call tonight. As you are already in the 'system' you may not even have to go to the presentation evening and can crack on with some phys tonight!? Maybe as you have your medical and interview tomorrow you may want to wait until next week, although a nights phys never hurt anyone 8)

The presentation evening is next Wednesday you may want to attend this then and start Holding Troop the following Wednesday. Personally I wouldn't hang around. Give them a call explain what you are doing and they'll get you into HT asap. Bit of a result being only three stops away on the tube or a short journey by car. :wink:

All the best mate HT will defo get you up to the required standard I know a few people that have done it and gone on to pass PRMC.

See you down there soon!
sandam

Re: Processing

Post by sandam »

Beowulf wrote:Crack on dude, give the Recruitment NCO a call tonight. As you are already in the 'system' you may not even have to go to the presentation evening and can crack on with some phys tonight!? Maybe as you have your medical and interview tomorrow you may want to wait until next week, although a nights phys never hurt anyone 8)

The presentation evening is next Wednesday you may want to attend this then and start Holding Troop the following Wednesday. Personally I wouldn't hang around. Give them a call explain what you are doing and they'll get you into HT asap. Bit of a result being only three stops away on the tube or a short journey by car. :wink:

All the best mate HT will defo get you up to the required standard I know a few people that have done it and gone on to pass PRMC.

See you down there soon!
I will see you this coming wednesday. From the medical I am currently Temporarily Medically Unfit (see sig) and HT can only help to lose the weight. Spoke to the Cpl this morning and he is sending me an information pack as well. Look forward to seeing you there next week.
Application Dec '06
PJFT - ?
PRMC - ?
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Good lad, 3kgs will fall off you! You'll probably lose that on Wednesday night alone! Just kidding.

Next Wednesday is the presentation evening, did they say you have to attend this or can you start straight with HT? If you can take the following; pen, notepad, towel, PT kit, shower gel. Flip flops are optional but worth taking for the showers.

Bit nerve-racking at first but all the guys are in the same boat. Enjoy it; I have said it loads of times before. It is good fun!

All the best Sandam
sandam

Post by sandam »

I have to attend the presentation and my PT kit comes with me standard. I normally have club night for rowing on wednesday soI'll be giving that up for HT (my coach will be pissed but he'll live). Is HT only ever on a wednesday?
Application Dec '06
PJFT - ?
PRMC - ?
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Yep, Wednesday only for London I'm afraid.

Good luck with it