Share This Page:

Colour Blind (NOT ABOUT PILOT)

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
thisisalex

Colour Blind (NOT ABOUT PILOT)

Post by thisisalex »

Hi,
Im 16 and currently looking into a job in the RAF. I have always been interested in both IT and Engineering, i therefore am looking for a job in one of these fields.
I would very much like to join as an aircraft technician (mechanical), weapon tech or general tech on the engineering side of the spectrum or as an IT Tech on the computing side.
However, i am colour blind. Im aware that i cannot join as an electrician in any sort or pilot but im just hunting for some clarification around whether or not i can join as any of the above roles or whether my eye sight will prevent it.
I must add that in no way does my colour blindness affect my day to day, i can easily distinquish every colour but obviously i cant have my medical form wiped just because i say i can see the colours.
Would love some help.
Alex.
Hyperlithe

Re: Colour Blind (NOT ABOUT PILOT)

Post by Hyperlithe »

Sorry, I don't know the answer, but your best bet is probably to speak directly to the AFCO.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Tab

Post by Tab »

On the electrical systems the wires have a multi colour code on them so that they can be traced from place to place and you should then know just what circuit you are dealing with. Many of these colours have very subtle charges and if you have a problem with colour blindness just who would you think you would cope with this.
timex

Post by timex »

As Hyper says, get down to the AFCO...