Share This Page:

RAF Rates of Pay

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
HalifaxBomber

RAF Rates of Pay

Post by HalifaxBomber »

I was wondering if there were any people here who could help me regarding rates of pay in the RAF.

I have been looking at a table which indicates that a new entrant recieves a pay of £12.162 which is nice and clear.

Then after that you move into Range 1 of pay which has 9 different levels. How do these levels work is it the number of years you have served or are there tests you take to gain another level ?

Also what determines if you are on the higher range or lower range ?

For reference this is the chart I was looking at - .http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowances/ ... air_06.cfm

Many thanks, aplogies if I have not made my self very clear.
grope2

Post by grope2 »

I'm personally unsure but im sure someone at your local AFCO will be able to help you. I'll take a look around and see if i find anthing.
"You should treat your aircraft like you treat your woman."
"So you should take your plane out to dinner and a movie?"
"No, get in her 5 times a day and take her to heaven and back!"
HillVictor

Re: RAF Rates of Pay

Post by HillVictor »

HalifaxBomber wrote:I was wondering if there were any people here who could help me regarding rates of pay in the RAF.

I have been looking at a table which indicates that a new entrant recieves a pay of £12.162 which is nice and clear.

Then after that you move into Range 1 of pay which has 9 different levels. How do these levels work is it the number of years you have served or are there tests you take to gain another level ?

Also what determines if you are on the higher range or lower range ?

For reference this is the chart I was looking at - .http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowances/ ... air_06.cfm

Many thanks, aplogies if I have not made my self very clear.
These levels are just stages of your career if you get my meaning. As your career progresses you gain experience and responsibility showing you can be trusted to carry out tasks on your own or overseeing a team that you will be in charge of.

Higher/lower rates of pay are there for the sole reason of what the job involves. Higher pay is given to you for the jobs that demand that litttle bit extra in management for example.

At the end of the day you get experience and promotion which means higher rank and more money! :D :dance:

Anything else you need to know, pm me and I'll do my best to help you. :)
Dawnie

Post by Dawnie »

OK here goes:

Basic entry pay, that is quite clear.

At your six month stage or upon completion of a Trade Ability Test (TAT), whichever is soonest you will progress to level 1 and will receive your LAC rank slides.

Then at your 12 month stage or completion of TAT you will progress to level 2 and will receive your SAC rank slides.

From then on you will go up a pay level on an annual basis.

However with certain trades, ie Technical trades you will go straight onto level 5 upon completion of trade training and then advance a level each year.

The higher and lower pay levels are based upon the type of work being done, responsibilites and the frequency of out of area deployments, together with a whole host of other things.

This is my understanding of the pay scales but I would not swear to it in a court of law......
Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Falkens

Post by Falkens »

Dawnie is right. Your pay will increment each year you have been in the Air Force. You are not required to take any tests but you will not advance if you are clearly showing signs of incompetance in your job. This should go without saying. YOu can advance/ progress faster up the pay range if ou have certain qualifiactions in which the RAF deem helpful to them. IE Your prior knowledge may help you in being better at your job.

I believe that is all.
grope2

Post by grope2 »

I have looked around and what i have has already been said. Just a word of advice, the RAF is unlike, as far as i know, the army because you do not fight for your position you work with others for it, the idea is that you shine and get noticed and if you do your best then that will be noted and you will rise the rank.
Grope2
"You should treat your aircraft like you treat your woman."
"So you should take your plane out to dinner and a movie?"
"No, get in her 5 times a day and take her to heaven and back!"