Share This Page:

Criminal background

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
blueboy11

Criminal background

Post by blueboy11 »

I am extremely interested and determined to join the parachute regiment. However i do have a criminal background
When i was 14-15 i had a schoolyard scuffle and was repramanded for this due to the other guys mother pressing charges. I was young and it really was nothing other than a scuffe, there was no injuries or anything.

When i was 17 years old i was drunk and took my parents car out and was pulled over by the police. I was charged with driving offences and was ordered to see the youth offending team in which i would be more than happy to obtain a reference from for you.

When i was 18 i was sentenced to 80 hours community service for Malicous Communications Act, this was because i had a contract mobile phone and my friends took advantage of this whilst i was asleep and made prank calls to several people, looking back i should not have taken the punishment for my old associates but i was young and thought i was being loyal.

As you can see i was involved with the law 3 times in the space of 4 years, i decided to make a lifestyle change and went to college to do my A-levels, during my first year my girlfriend became pregnant and i had to leave college after the first year in order to support my family. I am now 22 years old and had not been in trouble for 4 years.

On a family day out to liverpool for my brother's 18th birthday i got arrested and up in Liverpool Court charged with ABH and affray. From the court notes and even a cheif constables report, you will be able to see from the CCTV that my family were attacked by a group of males, i seen my dad got punched to the floor, my mum got picked up and thrown accross the street, my two brother were both attacked, i intervened with violence which goes past self defence for a family member so i have had to plead guitly. I am told the worst to expect is a suspended sentence, mostly like a public order such as community service.

Would i still be considered to apply? how long would i have to wait until i could apply if i recieved a suspended sentence. If i only get community service how long would i have to wait?

:snipersmile: :2gunfire:
Tab

Re: Criminal background

Post by Tab »

Have a word with the recruiting office and see what they say, my platoon officer had a criminal conviction at an early age
blueboy11

Post by blueboy11 »

Are the rules for allowing people to join with a record set in stone or are they assessed on a case by case basis?
mike.dt

Post by mike.dt »

The rules are the rules i'm afraid bud. The Army won't even consider you until your convictions have been spent. Which basically means that you've served your time for your crimes. If you get a prison sentence suspended for 18 months then they wont touch you until after that 18 month period. After that they will take you into consideration, but they will look at the severity of your crimes. Whatever the outcome of your eventual application, you will be allowed to appeal any decisions that you think are wrong.

My advice: Try and stay out of trouble!

Good luck to you.
Warfare Not Welfare
(Body Armour not Benefits)