Share This Page:

Need some advice.

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Hotshot93

Need some advice.

Post by Hotshot93 »

Im not sure if this happends at all the Careers offices but at the one im currently going through does a 1.5 mile run and Icebreaker practice every thursday.
Last thursday i went for the first time in order to get my run time and see if i was ready for ADSC, my first choice for regiment is PARA's and i ended up running a 9min 20 sec 1.5 miler..
After the run i talked to my careers advisor and he said he will put me through for the PARA's if i get it faster, i wasnt sure if i had read the facts wrong that my run time qualified me for the PAras so i thought id leave asking about it and check up on it.

As far as im aware the run times for Para's are:
Adult : 9mins 40 sec
Under 18: 10 mins
And for TA: 10 mins 30sec

Is this right, and iff so what should i do if i end up getting 9:20 again this week??
Amphibian

Re: Need some advice.

Post by Amphibian »

Hello Hotshot93,
The run needs to be completed in under 9 mins 18 seconds. If you want to make it through with a clear cut pass at selection you should be aiming for a 1.5 mile warmup of around 10:30 and 1.5 mile best time of sub 9 mins. I know the prospect of running sub 9 mins might sound daunting, but its certainly doable. Practice practice practice.

Best of luck with your application, and if you need any guidance with regards to the paras, you are probably best speaking with Tab. He knows what hes on about! :)

Amphibian
"Chin up, crack on"
Hotshot93

Re: Need some advice.

Post by Hotshot93 »

Thanks for that.

So does PRAC require a Sub 9 min run time???