Share This Page:

fitness requirements

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
alias

fitness requirements

Post by alias »

hi all, im currently loking to join the parachute regement and was wondering what the required fitness level is, im not working in the uk at the moment so dont have an afco to go to for at least 3 months when i will apply, my currnet fitness is good and i have passed the royal marines pre joining fitness test of two runs 3miles in total on a treadmill with a two degree incline,with 1 minuite rest. but had to pull out on the commandos for family reasons which i will talk about in a future post!

so basically, what is the process? as i understand it is a faster run on the treadmill- something like one 12 minuite run then a 1 min rest onto an 8.15? is there a potential recruits' course as with the marines?

anyone know the full run down of the stages?

thanks...........
wilkins_1

Post by wilkins_1 »

you don't want to be running on a treadmill unless you have too, they're inaccurate are boring get out in the country varied terrain etc will build supporting muscles and be much more enjoyable. For the paras you need to run 1.5 miles in under 9:18 to pass ADSC, then you'll get the PRAC which consists of another 1.5 mile in under 9:30 straight after a 3.5 mile run, a 2 mile steeplechase and max press ups and sits ups can't remember the figures for these i think +50ish in 2 mins.