Share This Page:

Body shape/height suitable for the Paras?

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
christianlloyd4

Body shape/height suitable for the Paras?

Post by christianlloyd4 »

At the moment im really interested in either the Marines or the Paras - just in the process of gathering info to see which suits me best!

only thing bugging me about the Paras is my height! Im currently 6 ft 5 and about 16.5 stone 8) but i am fit, im not just large and useless! a lot of people have said that im too tall to be a Para - is this the case??

Cheers
scotjock1

Same boat mate

Post by scotjock1 »

Mate I am in the same boat, i'm 5'10ft tall but I am big and weigh under 15 stone right now or 93KG. Anyway I am a big fella too, but from what I've been told by my recruiter and those I train to get fit with height means nothing. My cousin went for the Household Guards, hes tall too and he wore the metal helmet and everything. Too tall to even stand in those guard houses, anyway you aren't going for that are you. You are going for a tough battle regiment, they don't care how tall you are.

Just get fit and you'll do fine.
christianlloyd4

Post by christianlloyd4 »

Cheers for the reply mate!

Good luck with your training and go hard!
Bees

Re: Body shape/height suitable for the Paras?

Post by Bees »

Anyone can train for anything. I knew C/Sgt that weighed 20 stone-ish and was 6'4 (quite a gut on him(sorry boss)) but f*$k me, could he shift. Because he was always out training. Haven't got a clue how he stayed so fat.

But none the less-

Its just a case of putting your mind to it, obviously its easier for some people to get started but stay consistent get fit and get lean, develop a good attitude and you're half way there.

to be honest, you'll be one mean lookin fella.... 6'5 para :-?
alex_dt

Re: Body shape/height suitable for the Paras?

Post by alex_dt »

In my PRAC selection the guy that won the run and the steeple chase (by quite a bit as well) must have been about 6' 5".