Share This Page:

Issue Boots

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Dougie12

Issue Boots

Post by Dougie12 »

Just passed my PRAC course and pretty much every1 suffered badly with big blisters (and still suffering) and we are all wondering what the standard of boot is like issued to us at the start of training! Obviously they are going to be far better than what we had to just put up with at PRAC We were also wondering whether anything is said if we were to go and buy our own pair of boots for trainin or is that a no-go!?....
Thanks in advance for any help!

Dee
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

Don't buy your own boots mate it's a waste of money, unless you're lucky enough to get a chit for a nice pair of Alt-Berg's you're going to be in issue boots through out CIC(Para).

As for the quality of the boots you get issued when you start training, they're decent boots but you WILL get blisters, they're a fact of life at Catterick.

They're issued brand new and that's where most issues with blisters happen whilst you're breaking them in but I found they loosened up quite quick, especially once they got soaked and I never had any major dramas with them at all really.

At the end of the day its not worth worrying about as you'll be wearing them no matter what anyway.
eleven

Post by eleven »

i was told to put your boots in a warm bath over night to break them in not sure myself if its a good idea
barb test-66 passed 27/7/2009
interview-done 11/8/2009
medical-in Progress failed
can re apply july 2011
StevieA

Post by StevieA »

Or, as stupid as it may sound, run over them in your car, that soften them for you. I've done this a few times with work issue boots and shoes.

Soaking them is also a good way as others have said.
Proper Practice & Preparation Prevents P*ss Poor Performace!
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

piss all over them and go for a run
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
Tab

Post by Tab »

Soak your feet in meths it helps harden them, I must say that I never ever got a blister from the boots I was issued with. But those thick woolen socks made the boots fit very well in deed
Dougie12

Post by Dougie12 »

Thanks everyone!.. Has anybody got any other ideas on how to loosen them up a bit quicker by any chance aswel??.. Because Im not going to get the chance to run them over in a car or anything like that because I'l alredy be in training when i get issued them!...
Thanks again Dee
HRH

Post by HRH »

sky ninja steve wrote:piss all over them and go for a run
lol
BARB - 78
ADSC - Passed
Job - Combat Medic
ATR Pirbright - 15.03.10
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

I got a small size boot even though I was measured as a medium as I found that the smaller boot meant it was tighter round my foot (obviously) and so therefore didn't rub.

Not sure if that's a good idea for you to try though as it may potentially cause more problems than it solves I guess.