Share This Page:

milling

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

gpw2009 wrote:Any news with your application? You got things sorted yet?
I dont know whats going to happen now, I'll have to wait and see what happens in court... :evil:
Tab

Post by Tab »

Milling is not about winning, it is all about a persons fighting spirit. Mainly if you are getting thumped you fight back if you are knocked down you get up and fight, what they want to see is you fighting and not just cowering in some corner covering your head and body with your arms to try and prevent your self getting hit.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

Tab wrote:Mainly if you are getting thumped you fight back if you are knocked down you get up and fight, what they want to see is you fighting and not just cowering in some corner covering your head and body with your arms to try and prevent your self getting hit.
If only the police saw it that way...
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

See if you can use that in your defence in court mucker... !! :lol:
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
trigger88

milling

Post by trigger88 »

the whole point of milling is to show controlled physical aggression, they are not expecting the next mike tyson. You have to go all out at the other person, and he should do likewise. No mercy, and you lose oints for covering your face or blocking punches and turning your back or side to block punches. Don't be afraid to get hurt, give them hell and you should be fine. The other guy will be thinking the same. You will get inexperienced people fighting, i'm sure, but they will be like rats backed into a corner so it's never an easy fight. also these people are going to be your mates, you have trained with them for months. Hitting them is a pychological test also, if you want the maroon beret this is one test you have to overcome.
ParaToBe

Post by ParaToBe »

Are you sure you can't block punches? Because if i ever get to the point where i will be doing milling (hopfully i do :D) blocking and ducking comes naturally to me since iv been doing thai boxing, and boxing for a while now :-?
IT WILL COME!

81 press ups in 2minutes.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

paratobe..... Ill tell you now lad forget all that jazz. i too done a bit of muay thai - but forget it once you get in the squared circle. its all about toe to toe and if your being flash or finding it too easy you will only be made to scrap again - and there is always a bigger fish. just get in there with opponent (friend or not ) and just think about knocking his block off. my opponent was a southerner so i didnt need much encouragement lol LOL ...... and relax you lovely southern people you - as i lost.
'Every man an Emperor'
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

ParaToBe wrote:Are you sure you can't block punches? Because if i ever get to the point where i will be doing milling (hopfully i do :D) blocking and ducking comes naturally to me since iv been doing thai boxing, and boxing for a while now :-?
:o hahaha dont even think about trying to duck weave and all that pish you'll probably end up losing pionts for being a twat just stand there take the punches in bunches and dish a few out at the same time peice of piss
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
eleven

Post by eleven »

surly you can duck if a punch is coming right for you i no its a scrap and not a boxing match,for people that have done boxing and other fighting sports it should be quite easy to really go for it for 60 seconds without letting the other person getting his puches off
barb test-66 passed 27/7/2009
interview-done 11/8/2009
medical-in Progress failed
can re apply july 2011
sky ninja steve

no none of that boxing shit just imagine standing there looking striaght forward and throwing straight arm punches no hooks or anything u can uppercut if theyre heed goes down to bring their head back up but straight arm punches and you take them and just keep punching till the times up . we had a big fella whod done loads of boxing and couldnt help ducking blocking and diving and all that shite p-coy staff stopped it on more than one occasion to tell him to knock it off as its not a boxing match anyway he ended up losing im sure because of it.
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
eleven

Post by eleven »

when i go in im just going to throw left and right hooks to the guys body for 60 secs and hopfully stop him before the 60 secs is up.
interview-done 11/8/2009
can re apply july 2011
sky ninja steve

did u not read properly or sumthing "STRAIGHT PUNCHES TO THE FACE NO HOOKS" ESPECIALLY NOT TO THE BODY
sky ninja steve

your gunna go far just goin to depot doing what the f@#k you want arent you :evil: :roll:
eleven

Post by eleven »

if i throw straght punches to the face will it just not look as if im trying to box if i was fighting in the street i would throw hooks to try and knock the c@#t out
interview-done 11/8/2009
can re apply july 2011
eleven

Post by eleven »

straight punches is what we do in sparring so wee dont hurt each other
interview-done 11/8/2009
can re apply july 2011