Share This Page:

milling

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

ParaToBe wrote:That is bull shit, i thought milling was bear knuckle but you have boxing gloves a head guard and a gum shield, i don't see what all the fuss is about lol. Pshh.
Calm down mate...its not the end of the world!!

Why on earth did you think it was bare knuckle fighting though? alot of injuries would occur if that was the case.
ParaToBe

Post by ParaToBe »

Lol, i wasn't going crazy just the AFCO made out to me that it was some horrible grueling task that was 'incredibly brutal' as he put it, but i suppose that is what you get for speaking to a regular army officer rather than a para xD
IT WILL COME!

81 press ups in 2minutes.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Hahaha, its not easy by no means but he probabily made it sound alot harder.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

How come virtually everyone who comes to depot now is a ninja, street fighter, boxer, thai-boxer or the latest as every platoon has a few mma fighters in it ????
Last edited by SandyTheGuvnor on Sun 11 Oct, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

ParaToBe wrote:That is bull shit, i thought milling was bear knuckle
Well you would know about Bullshit,shame you know nothing about'Bears' :o
ParaToBe

Post by ParaToBe »

Lol i thought i miss spelled that, i have horrible grammar but i do try my best lol :D
IT WILL COME!

ParaToBe

Post by ParaToBe »

About the MMA fighter thing i presume that is because of my sig you said that, but it is getting ever more popular in the uk and it has become alot more accessible to train for it so you will start to see alot more 'cage fighters' around or MMA fighters w.e. they choose to call them selves (MMA fighter to men and to the girls i say cage fighter never fails to get them interested and talking to you lo ;) )

P.S. It is a very good way to get in shape for something like the paras as it is very muscular endurance based, well at my gym it is anyway. :D Hope it helped you.
IT WILL COME!

SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

ParaToBe wrote:About the MMA fighter thing i presume that is because of my sig you said that, but it is getting ever more popular in the uk and it has become alot more accessible to train for it so you will start to see alot more 'cage fighters' around or MMA fighters w.e. they choose to call them selves (MMA fighter to men and to the girls i say cage fighter never fails to get them interested and talking to you lo ;) )

P.S. It is a very good way to get in shape for something like the paras as it is very muscular endurance based, well at my gym it is anyway. :D Hope it helped you.
Most of these "cage fighters" have never stepped foot in a cage before, i have even had blokes after doing a bit training with me went around saying they were "cage fighters".
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

A good MMA fighter is fit, aggressive and has a good all round system in one on one, no weapons fighting, especially if there is plenty of room. But there's so much of it around now that the quality will not always be up to much.

But Millings isn't about that as far as I understand. There's no groundwork, no takedowns, no kicks... and no slowly stalking around the ring (or "cage".... ha ha) looking for openings.

It's all "go like fook" and don't give up. Anyone thinking it's going to be easy has no clue about what a real fight entails.

Just my view.
ParaToBe

Post by ParaToBe »

Well i can safely say i have been in a cage before (i have a fight tomorrow;;p) and to the other person i never said it would be easy, just not as much of a challenge as what the AFCO made out. You don't have to kick if your in the cage boxing and BJ is more than good enough.
Because there are more MMA fighters around that doesn't mean the quality of MMA fighters is going to get worse, or that the old MMA fighters were all as good as GSP or Machida does it? Think about things before you say them. Before football was as popular as it is now in the UK you think everyone that played it was the equivalent of Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, or Khan?...Nope they weren't, and just as football has got more popular it doesn't mean there is tons of shit footballers around and not many good ones does it?
IT WILL COME!

bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

ParaToBe I think what Sandy was talking about was that there are loads of lads these days claiming to be cage fighters or train in MMA yet very few of them have actually done any serious training or had any competitive fights.

I don't think he's making any comment about the increase in its popularity bringing down the quality of MMA fighters.

To use your football analogy it'd be like someone kicking a football round their garden then telling people "yeah, I'm a footballer."

Since Sandy does fight competitively as an MMA fighter I can understand why he's a bit pissed off at the number of lads who claim to be cage fighters just cause they think it makes them sound ally.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

well explained BS, i for one knew what sandy meant slightly worrying others didnt. Anyway back to the point - all you need to know about milling is the will to win and to do it with controlled aggression. By controlled i mean not like a rampagin ape but a fit strong and determined young potential pyschopath...er airborne soldier. stop frettin and worrying about it and get in there and fight!
'Every man an Emperor'
muzza1

Post by muzza1 »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:How come virtually everyone who comes to depot now is a ninja, street fighter, boxer, thai-boxer or the latest as every platoon has a few mma fighters in it ????
well im not a boxer or cage fighter, not even a good fighter lol. dont care for it much but i got sh*t loads of determination and heart to match so im gunna make sure i pass this bit :)