Share This Page:

18/10/2009 PARA Dept. Catterick

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
gpw2009

18/10/2009 PARA Dept. Catterick

Post by gpw2009 »

I've got this start date and if anyone else gets on this one let me know! Day 1 week 1 is hard enough so it would be nice to see a friendly face! 8)
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

Mate, maybe, after 9 months of bullshite i finally got a date for selection!! I have that on the 25th of this month, so depends on if it's full or not by then.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Good man!! Get that smashed then hopefully get a quick PRAC date (if you need to) then you might just scrape it in time!! :D

_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

Did you have to do prac?
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

No mate, think I must have slipped through the net. Feel a little guilty now! :D

My recruiter said I didn't need to as I have been in depot. before and should know the score! And if I don't screw the nut on the fitness side then it's my fault (which is not going to happen!!) :D

_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

If it's at the recruiter discretion for re-inlisters, i wont have to, but if there is one before my depot date i'll ask to go on it just to get the feel of catterick again! What was you platoon number last time, mine was 713 (Tamera).
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

_Mark_ wrote:What was you platoon number last time, mine was 713 (Tamera).
Can't remember the number mucker, must have it down somewhere, but it was Arnhem Plt. Apparently the first one in a while....? Was right on the top floor of that shit old block opposite the laundry, just round the corner from the Beharry centre.

Not sure if it's at the descretion of your recruiter or what? I'm quite enjoying my time I have left away from Catterick to be honest mate, I know whats in store once i'm there! (raise, lower, raise lower, on your feet up! Too slow, back down....) :x :x

gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Just a quick one, any of you boys joined the group 'Parachute Regiment Recruits, and Potential Recruits' on facebook?

EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

gpw2009 wrote:Just a quick one, any of you boys joined the group 'Parachute Regiment Recruits, and Potential Recruits' on facebook?
Didnt know there was such a thing, Cheers though mate, I'm gonna to join now.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

EagleEyes wrote:
gpw2009 wrote:Just a quick one, any of you boys joined the group 'Parachute Regiment Recruits, and Potential Recruits' on facebook?
Didnt know there was such a thing, Cheers though mate, I'm gonna to join now.
Which one are you then mucker, there are two with your start date?? Add me, pretty sure you can tell which one I am from my start date and my user name on here! :D

_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

not looking like it's gonna happen now bud, waited 9months for a date and just got fecked over by some arabs the other night all because they took something i said something racist an called the old bill.. I actually got arrested and charged with racial harassment! Fecking ridiculous, if i had that much of an issue i would have smacked the c.unts. Hopefully get on the next selection after the 25th... Gutted... It's things like that that make people hate them!
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Your joking mate!! Gutted for you! Can't you still do your selection? What did the AFCO say?

I f**king hate people like that, they are the sort that give eryone else a bad name!

_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

cant do selection till it's all over, just got pulled up this morning on something else that happened over 2 months ago. It takes the piss, some bloke proper smacked his missus, and without incriminating myself, have been accused of kicking the living sh1t out of the prick, so i've got 2 things thrown at me in the space of 4 days. Not a happy cnut at the moment!!
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Mate I'm really gutted for you. It's easy to say you shouldn't have got involved but I would have done exactly the same!

All I can say mucker is keep your head down, crack on with the phys and ride it out. All well you should be in early next year hopefully! :wink:

gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

if its any comfort, I was facing a GBH charge right up till a week of going to recruit training. I sweated it out. However I didnt mention it to AFCO - which was a big gamble. Anyway the day I was summoned back to the station my solicitor, the prosecutions solicitor and the police came to the opinion that it was not in the public interest to go ahead and prosecute and that Id be better off in the forces and they would probably sort me out anyway. You may get lucky like that too.
'Every man an Emperor'